Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Names

I was recently on the telephone to a Bank speaking to a Miss Plum. First name? Victoria

This reminded me of a guy I used to work with (a Mr Caddie) who named twin sons Terrence and Trevor - so two T Caddies?

Finally, I was introduced to the four sons of a farmer - Nicholas, Richard, Michael and Victor (so Nick, Dick, Mick & Vic) although when I pointed that out they said I was the first to notice that (is that farmer speak for you're a ****?).

Any other examples of stupid parenting?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Not really stupid parenting but I went to school with a guy called Craig Craig. He was named Craig as it was his mothers maiden name and had a different surname. His parents split up and he and his mum disowned his dad so he changed his surname to match his mums.

used to sail agains a bloke called J wood and yes he had a daughter called Holly!

When I worked at sainsburys as a butcher the meat manager was Wayne King , and at Laing super homes the build director was Mike Hunt , neither were ever called by tanoy they were always sent for.
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

I used to use a piece of test equipment called a Telegraph Distortion Measuring Set.
    It was made by a company called Wayne Kerr.
    It never did work very well .

ps.. I saw one in a museum recently. You know you're getting old when that happens.
    Last edited by private fraser; 06-09-2013 at 13:39.

A friend of mine is a manager at barclays, she had to apologise for laughing when Russel Sprout came in to open his account.

Used to work with Dick Body and Dick Down.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

I met a bloke called Euan Young once. I can imagine that he was glad that he didn't live in China....

A manager in a company I used to work for was called Plonker.
    It wasn't his name, it was just what we called him.
    Sorry, maybe that doesn't count.

I met a Mr Silver once.
    First name Sterling.

I thought it was a joke until he gave me his Business Card