Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sauer 101

Sauer 101

has anyone bought one and if so - are they as good as a Sako?

Test driven & its typical Sauer quality, not as pretty as the 202 but cant go wrong with well built, smooth and reliable IMO

Picking mine up on Monday... Can't wait.

Had the pick of pretty much anything up to 1.5k and the 101 got my vote.

Feels like Tikka 595 ugly cousin to 202 i feel the safety is huge improvement over 202

101 in 308
    Last edited by TOP_PREDATOR; 08-09-2013 at 02:40.
    In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    Mark Twain

Have had a play with a couple of 101's now, they look like a cracking rifle - I fully expect them to be a top seller, one thing I will say is when laid against a 202 you can see that they are not up to the 202's quality - but that's to be expected with the price difference.

they will be as accurate as any sporting shooter/stalker will ever need and the whole thing about the shrunk fit barrel isn't that big a deal in my opinion as I know people who have had a rifle for literally 10+ years and put thousands of rounds through them and never needed to change a barrel.

Had mine (synthetic stock) for a couple of weeks now in .308 and very pleased indeed. I previously had a 202 with high grade wood but worried about the stock every time I got in to a high seat! My 101 is very accurate and sweet shooting. Nice trigger, good balance & good value for money. Incidentally I also bought an Aimsport Cyclone + which is remarkable. I can now see the point of impact which I had failed to achieve with previous 308s. There's a short review on my blog.

Deer Diary

A mate of mine just bought a 101 in 30-06..and is very impressed with it at the range at least.... .hes up later in the month after reds with it...I'll have a try as well, looking forward to it too...

Awesome picture there, I think I might have to go back and have a play with one before I commit. An awful lot of money for a first rifle :S

gets a very good review in this months guns and ammo.

This is a very relevant thread for me, I've been toying with the idea of getting a rifle like this purely for deer, as I currently use a 243 for both fox and deer. Seems like good value for money as a synthetic version, shame there seems to be such a wide range in the quality of wood on the other version!! Some examples look rather nice and others look pretty naff. Good as a Sako? Only time will tell, but unless I'm mistaken you can't get a cheaper synthetic/blued Sako can you? That would edge it slightly for me