Sheep bouncer?

Monkey Spanker

Had a very strange thing happen last night!:confused:
I was stalking onto a group of Reds on some sugar beet last night and spotted a Roe Buck inbetween us. I'm finished on the Roe cull so continued to close on the reds. Then, another Roe charged out onto the field and chased the first one. Both cleared a fence about 10m to my left and proceeded to have a set-to in the field behind me. Quite strange behaviour in itself with the rut well finished? Then, as if that wasn't strange enough, a lone sheep appeared from nowhere and got inbetween them. I assume it was a young ram but couldn't really tell. Everytime they tried to continue their fight the sheep faced them off until they went their seperate ways!
Anyone else ever seen a sheep bouncer breaking up deer fights?:confused:
MS

even in the animal world they need a ref did they look sheepish when they walked away !! :rofl: :coat:

I saw something equally strange once. I was shooting rabbits when I heard a commotion near a hedge. When I got closer I was amazed to see a rat and a hedgehog battling it out. I watched for a while fascinated, as they scrapped away and for some time it was hard to decide which one was faring best, but in the end the hedgehog won on points.

​Richard

Had a very strange thing happen last night!:confused:
I was stalking onto a group of Reds on some sugar beet last night and spotted a Roe Buck inbetween us. I'm finished on the Roe cull so continued to close on the reds. Then, another Roe charged out onto the field and chased the first one. Both cleared a fence about 10m to my left and proceeded to have a set-to in the field behind me. Quite strange behaviour in itself with the rut well finished? Then, as if that wasn't strange enough, a lone sheep appeared from nowhere and got inbetween them. I assume it was a young ram but couldn't really tell. Everytime they tried to continue their fight the sheep faced them off until they went their seperate ways!
Anyone else ever seen a sheep bouncer breaking up deer fights?:confused:
MS

Once in a lifetime experience.
Too bad you didn't capture the event on a smart phone or camera.
Would have been one to show the grand-kids in years to come.

Closest I saw was a donkey run a Whitetail buck:stag: off a strip of farm land where cattle were grazing.
Donkeys become very territorial and are as dangerous if not more so than dogs if they don't "know" you whether you walk on 4 legs or 2.

Back