A STUPID QUESTION

User00014

i will be out in the morning making a keen start on the hinds /does , but i just wondered who else is out and about in the morning ?

good luck if you are ! :D :D

cheers lee

Mmmmm - 25mph wind and 22mm rain in between 6 & 9am!

Out tomorrow morning after Roe or Red - before the Finnbear turns up.

Me concerned? Nah, I have a schnorkel and that sort of weather means the deer will be sticking to the woods.

Not so sure about the BDS visit to a Deer Park at 11.00am - think it could be a bit challenging!

Rgds

Ian :)

Just woke up and seen the weather. The real enthusiasts will already be out and about. Good luck to you all and I hope you have got your swimming costumes on and underwater cameras, spear guns to the ready. (wrong post). ;)
Not going out I'm just jealous.
My friend has invited me out in a couple of weeks, can't wait.
ATB and good hunting.
Paul

weather

just woken up and looked out. Jealousy for you guys has just washed away :evil:
Sure I just saw flipper go past, .308 wasnt it??

Leaving it until this evening - some of the forecasts saying it should dry up for us after lunch - fingers crossed as it's absolutely lashing it down here at the minute (Berks).

Not jealous at all,

Got up looked out :cry: went back to bed :D just got up :confused: ,this is latest i have been up for a year since last years works p*** up :lol:

I wish you all the success in the world you guys who went out in this you deserve it 8) Anyway i'm off to check on my boat anchored in our estuary :evil: nothing i can do if its not their anyway but a mate who is on the lifeboats has just texted to say that two have slipped their mooring already and are doing a good version of the titanic ;) his coxswain wont let them out its that bad(that is only because no threat to human life)

Take care all, adverse weather is sometimes not fun.

Raining here in sunny Devon also but the wind is awsome.

well i made it back just in time ,managed to stay dry ! i saw 2 hinds right early on about 6-15 but they dissapeared into thin air.

im thinking because it was so still last night they were out feeding on the beet and i caught the stragglers of the herd heading for cover .

but the outing wasnt completely wasted , ive finally found the right place for my lightweight leanto high seat so back out this eve for another go !
:D

cheers lee

The Lord speaks to Noah and says: "In one year, I am going to make it rain and cover the whole Earth with water until all is destroyed. But I want you to save the righteous people and two of every kind of living thing on the Earth. Therefore, I am commanding you to build an Ark."

In a flash of lightning, God delivered the specifications for an Ark.

Fearful and trembling, Noah took the plans and agreed to build the Ark.

"Remember," said the Lord, "You must complete the Ark and bring everything aboard in one year."

Exactly one year later, a fierce storm cloud formed and all the seas of the earth went into a tumult. The Lord saw Noah sitting in his front garden weeping.

"Noah." He shouted, "Where is the Ark?"

"Lord, please forgive me!" cried Noah. "I did my best but there were big problems. First, I had to get a permit for construction and your plans did not comply with the local government planning regulations and the parish council . I had to hire an engineering firm and redraw the plans.

Then I got into a fight with offshore health and safety over whether or not the Ark needed a fire sprinkler system and floatation devices.

Then my neighbour objected, claiming I was violating his right to light by building the Ark in my front garden, so I had to get a temporary structure planning permission

I had problems getting enough wood for the Ark, because there was a ban on cutting trees to protect the red kite. I finally convinced the forestry commission that I needed the wood to save the kite.

However, the natural England won’t let me catch any kites. So, no kites.

The joiners formed a union and went out on strike. I had to negotiate a pay settlement with the NUT Now I have 16 carpenters on the Ark, but still no Kites.

When I started rounding up the other animals, I got sued by an animal rights group. They objected to me only taking two of each kind aboard.

Just when I got the court case dismissed, the environmental agency notified me that I could not complete the Ark without filing an environmental impact statement on your proposed flood. They didn't take very kindly to the idea that they had no jurisdiction over the conduct of the Creator of the universe.

Then rivers authority demanded a map of the proposed new flood plain. I sent them a globe painted blue.

Right now, I am trying to resolve a complaint filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission that I am practicing discrimination by not taking godless, unbelieving people aboard!

The Tax man has seized all my assets, claiming that I'm building the Ark in preparation to flee the country to avoid paying taxes.

I just got a notice from the customs and excise that I owe some kind of user tax and failed to register the Ark as a 'recreational water craft.'

Finally the local catholic church got the courts to issue an injunction against further construction of the Ark, saying that since God is flooding the earth, it is a religious event and therefore unconstitutional.

I really don't think I can finish the Ark for another 5 or 6 years!" Noah wailed.

The sky began to clear, the sun began to shine and the seas began to calm. A rainbow arched across the sky.

Noah looked up hopefully. "You mean you are not going to destroy the Earth, Lord?"

"No," said the Lord sadly. "The government already has!"

Just a note to brighten your day
All the best Ash

Worth waiting for the storm clouds to disappear last night - a breezy old evening and tried a new spot with the mobile seat. Within 20 mins of putting it up a good sorrel wandered past about 50yds away, but no shot through the trees. Then another 5 mins later. And a pricket another 10 mins after that!! And not one of them presented a shot despite being in a pretty open wood and within 80yds!!

Just when I was giving up hope, 2 muntjack appeared and after much scurrying around in the undergrowth emerged into the open and both now hanging in the larder :D

Back