Best scope mounts for cz452-2E ZKM

The CZ American in .22 has a 3/8" dovetail and is a pain to find decent mounts for.
Everything else uses 11mm dovetails so rings are plentiful, from super cheap to very expensive.
But always worth measuring as CZ has been know to use any dovetails on any rifle at times.
11mm dovetail should measure 11mm across the flat top, 3/8 should be around 12.7mm across.
(note each dovetail is (should be) cut at a different angle)

Neil. :)

Yes I remember seeing another thread which was looking for mounts for the American.
Thanks very much for the info, I'll measure the dovetail....

Looks like it's 11mm

Last edited:
If you email SPORTSMATCH and give details of your rifle and scope, they will reply with the best fitting mounts/rings from their range and quote the model no. and price. I have used them a few times now: The service is excellent and the prices very reasonable.

Conetrol projectionless rings & dap-tar bases.

K

When I contacted Conetrol about rings and bases for a CZ American they sent, by snail mail, a leaflet listing all the rings and bases they made.
Most confusing so I called them, I got a voice telling me that so and so may fit ok, with postage well over £100, but that is to much cash for something that may, or may not fit.

When I contacted Conetrol about rings and bases for a CZ American they sent, by snail mail, a leaflet listing all the rings and bases they made.
Most confusing so I called them, I got a voice telling me that so and so may fit ok, with postage well over £100, but that is to much cash for something that may, or may not fit.

Just measure the dovetail width and away you go with choosing the type of finish the Dap-Tar bases will carry. Rings again come in three finishes and height options as standard but you can get them in a matt that matches a scope and/or action too if required for a little extra.

I'll put up a picture of my Cooper JSR now it has the perfect matching (matt) L&S "rimfire" scope on it.;)

K
:D

Nothing wrong with Conetrol mounts and I know that Klenchblaize is envangelical about them, but I ordered medium height rings for my CZ452 a month or so ago directly from shop-cz.com. They came by FedEx two or three days later and fitted perfectly. It's worth noting that the postage cost almost as much as the rings themselves. But it did the job.

Just measure the dovetail width and away you go with choosing the type of finish

K
:D

You also need to know the angle the dovetail is cut at, and with CZ that means knowing which reground cutter they used.

Nothing wrong with Conetrol mounts and I know that Klenchblaize is envangelical about them, but I ordered medium height rings for my CZ452 a month or so ago directly from shop-cz.com. They came by FedEx two or three days later and fitted perfectly. It's worth noting that the postage cost almost as much as the rings themselves. But it did the job.

But CZ mounts do not fit the CZ 3/8 inch dovetail, they are for 11mm only.

"Go now and sin no more" young Pine Marten!

It is though true. I am also a "Disciple Of The Grooved Bore” and more specifically the Order of the Hornet. ;)

Cheers

K

Back