Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new trousers

new trousers

hi the wife is going to treat me to a new pair of trousers, what would you lads recommend. must be hard wearing and waterproof and not cammo, thanks

Harkila Pro Hunter. 5 years old and still as good as the day I bought them.

I have a pair of harkila they are about 6 years old but near ****ed now, I heard the new harkila gear is not what it used to be. what about the harkila leather trousers are they hard wearing and do they need much looking after. cheers

I like the idea of these! Jagdhund Trouser - Clothing - My Hunting Shop

You could also have a look at King of The Mountain. Both very durable and warm. King of the Mountain

thanks deerman I like the look of the jaghund trousers, might seem like a stupid question but do you know are they waterproof

They are a tight weave of wool and 5% camel hair. You should not get soaked wearing them but they are not waterproof.

I am very happy with the 'Deerhunter RAM Hitena' trousers- at less than a third of the price of Harkila widely available online in plain green or camo, for around 80.
    However next time in need new trousers I will by a jumpsuit style pair - for two reasons: Pockets full of gear will make your trousers drop in particularly if you have a little belly (and who hasn't , and with all the bending kneeling and crawling you often end up with a cold wet back when your shirt/t-shirt pops out at the back.
    A few wisdom's:
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men
    • If you can get closer, get closer.
    • If you can get more stable, get more stable.

thanks for the replies. eric I had the deer hunter trousers once and sorry but they are not for me

Country covers ripstop material