Two .308s on FAC

Naseby

Has anyone got two .308s on their FAC?
If so what was the good reason please?
Zeroed differently?
Woodland and Hill?
Thanks

used to have 2 one for woodland deer/fox so short 20" and one 26" for range work both cover'd to use for deer and fox pest control as the my zero range was on the farm ;) i had at the time and did a lot of long range target/pest work

Got 2 308s on mine for target shooting and 2 x "300" (no chambering specified) for the same, one is a 300 AAC Blackout and one slot is still empty.

I had two 6.5s at one stage and the principle is the same. A quick call to explain to my FEO that the rifle I had was heavy and fine for high seats but now needed a lighter rifle for walking woodland and hill. No problem.

I've been thinking of something similar I've got a tikka 7mm as a long range rifle but thinking of putting in for a .303 as a short range woodland rifle do you think that explanation would be ok with most feos ?

I've been thinking of something similar I've got a tikka 7mm as a long range rifle but thinking of putting in for a .303 as a short range woodland rifle do you think that explanation would be ok with most feos ?

I think it all comes down to 'good reason ' and then evidence (if available) to support it.
I think the worst that can happen is they say "no' but so what?

With regard to the good reason, did the successful applicants have to provide evidence that they had woodland / high seat etc?

I have a .243 but am thinking of getting a .308. I have been told, on here, that I will have to provide written evidence of good reason for the larger calibre even though it is still for deer, albeit larger species.

I would have thought that the same principles apply to both duplication and larger calibre, once you have demonstrated that you go stalking you should not have to keep having to do so for every calibre change etc.

btw, I do not have a problem providing the evidence, it just seems like jumping though hoops for no good reason.

The problem is that the Firearms Licensing are "allowed" it seems to make up their own rules. So what is OK in one area is tabbo in another.

No rhym nor reason to it just what they have dreamed up.

I had 2x .308's .................... a Brno ZKK 601 and a P-H 1100 Lwt plus 2x 7.62x51 target rifles .................... a Sportco Model 44 and a P-H 1200TX. I also had 4x 270 Winchester chambered rifles.

Back