Firearms Import??

Beks

Good Day

I have a query. I received as a gift a shotgun and center fire rifle from my father in law who lives in Prague,what are the regulations/procedure for bringing them back to the UK.
I have the relevant FAC for above mentioned firearms.
I would appreciate any advice

Kind Regards

first of all you need to an intro but i am doing this very thing at the moment but for section 5.
I am buying off a gunshop in germany he is sorting out his export papers his side and i emailed enquiries.ilb@bis.gsi.gov.uk then you can make an account to fill in online here
ICMS - Import Case Management System
you will speak to a chap called roy smiles a nice guy who has dealt with my import licence very quickly and i have sorted my licence so i don't have to go through an rfd it is coming direct to myself. My paperwork has been sent to the gundealer this morning so his paperwork can be finished and delivery organised it cost me I think as my paperwork is not infront of me 65 euro for the export at his end but it has cost nothing my end. when you get confirmation of a grant for the licence you go online and fill out the forms and upload your firearms certs it is really straight forward and pain free.
you have all the serial numbers entered onto your fac prior to going for the licence as it speeds the whole process up now being a member of family you might have to go through a dealer over there for the export side or go over and bring them back in as you will have them entered onto your fac, hope this has helped a little.
if you cut out the middle man you save a fortune and it really is straight forward,this works inside european union. atb wayne

Last edited:
Thx sound great, I will definitely give it a try just shows if you are not afraid to do things yourself these days you can save yourself the proverbial arm and leg. Did you still need to pay import tax on the rifles you bought in Germany? So I know if in future it might be cheaper going abroad and buy direct from the manufacturer ie sako or mauser etc.. instead of paying crazy dealer fees in the UK.

I have had no other fees to pay but if buying new you will have to pay some tax but i am positive you could do it cheaper than buying here, for anybody else who is thinking of this i have found it to be very straight forward easy process ,the biggest barrier i faced was translating german as i can't speak the langauge and googles ok but not procise the chap i am dealing with has been great but again does not speak english, also found a good gun site in germany for secondhand guns,
http://www.egun.de/market/index.php?PHPSESSID=309c2d0df38925eccd9b8ba3908595ef

Back