Thread: Brass questions .243

Brass questions .243

Hello been sorting out brass this evening

Now I have have a list of brass and would like to know what people think is the best brass to use for reloading.

1. R P ( I assume this is remmington)
    2. SAKO
    3. nny ( no idea what this is)
    4. RWS
    5. PMC (no idea what this is)
    6. Hornaday
    7. FC ( Federal I think)

looking forward to your responses.

RP is Remington Peters, nny is PPU, I have found none of it to be bad brass, some may have preferences but all is fit for purpose but some may last longer than others.

You have forgot arguably the best brass, Lapua!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    You have forgot arguably the best brass, Lapua!Ian.
    I didn't see any of that in his list !
    Lapua the most expensive brass ! it does the same job as any other, but maybe for a few more reloadings than some of the others ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    You have forgot arguably the best brass, Lapua!

I love it when I see this as according to my Norma 2007 catalogue Lapua is one of the makes that Norma makes brass for. I would seem that they also make the Nosler, Sako and RWS brass amongst others. On page 47 is a freeze of 23 photos of different brass head stamps that Norma make.

Sako and RWS brass for me . I have loaded both makes now between 3 & 5 times and still going strong.

PMC . Precision Made Cartridges
    FC. Federal Cartridge Corp
    NNY. rvi Partizan-Namenska Proizvodnja, Titovo, Uzice 31000, Yugoslavia. These are actually Cyrillic letters equal to "PPU in the Western alphabet.
    RWS .
    Rheinisch-Westfälischen Sprengstoff-Fabriken this one is good for reloading
    RP . Reminton peters

In 1919, a year after Finland declared independence from the Russian Empire, the Suojeluskuntain Yliesikunnan Asepaja (Civil Guard Supreme Staff Gun Works) opened in a former Helsinki brewery to repair private arms and recondition Russian military rifles for Finnish service. The rifle repair shop became financially independent of the civil guard about 1921; and the Government Valmet rifle factory opened at Tourula in 1925. The Suojeluskuntain Yliesikunnan Asepaja moved from Helsinki to an ammunition factory in Riihimäki on 1 June 1927 and reorganized as SAKO in the 1930s. Sako started exporting pistol cartridges to Sweden in the 1930s and continued manufacturing submachinegun cartridges through World War II.[1] In 1987, state-owned Valmet and SAKO fused into SAKO-VALMET, with ownership split evenly betweenNokia and Valmet. After several organizational shifts in state ownership, the SAKO name remained for the privately owned gun- and cartridge-producing company located in the cities of Riihimäkiand Jyväskylä (former Valmet factory in Tourula, which was later closed). The company now has a strategic partnership with Beretta Holdings.
    bloody hell requst the meaning of life next time feller

.lapua 1st
    then norma
    then sako
    close rws
    Last edited by paul o'; 14-09-2013 at 11:37.

I would say RWS, I have used these for a while with no problems.

ATB 243 Stalker.

Thank you I kinda guessed I would get a lot of different answer. I have made my choice so now to head to the or sale section with all the other brass..