I did a Muir yesterday!

Conor1

Yesterday I went to my gun dealer to collect a rifle and drop off some steel cased ammunition that is surplus to requirements. I noticed that he had a Weihrauch HW 60 J .22WMR and an Anschutz 1710 .22 fresh on the shelves. Both looked very nice ( had a HW60 J before) but the Anschutz had a nasty beech stock (Monte Carlo) awful looking wood. I have a credit with the store and rather than taking the cash I agreed to take the Weihrauch in Lieu. I know nothing about the .22 WMR but my dealer said that it fits between a .22LR and .22 Hornet. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow!

Last edited:
Its a nice enough round, certainly been on the go long enough and popular in the USA although it was replaced as the "in" round by the HMR for some although some still go with the WMR having more knock down power.

Regards,

Gixer

1esterday I went to my gun dealer to collect a rifle and drop off some steel cased ammunition that is surplus to requirements. I noticed that he a Weihrauch HW 60 J .22WMR and an Anschutz 1710 .22 fresh on the shelves. Both looked very nice ( had a HW60 J before) but the Anschutz had a nasty beech stock (Monte Carlo) but awful looking wood. I have a credit with the store and rather than taking the cash I agreed to take the Weihrauch in Lieu. I know nothing about the .22 WMR but my dealer said that fits between a .22LR and .22 Hornet. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow!

Situational awareness! Good man!

The 22WMR pushes a 30 grain bullet at 2300 fps. The Hornet pushes a 30 grain bullet at 3200 fps. I have Seven 22WMR's. I like them quite a bit.~Muir

I enquired about the HMR but it never made it to Switzerland..........................The WMR is popular enough but Winchester ammunition costs CHF 17 per 50, which is about GBP12!

I enquired about the HMR but it never made it to Switzerland..........................The WMR is popular enough but Winchester ammunition costs CHF 17 per 50, which is about GBP12!

That's about right: It's $11 to $16/50 here. If there was a rub against the WMR it's the cost. I find i can load Hornet a little cheaper and get augmented performance. Years ago I bought a few bricks of 30 grain Federals and I'm still sitting on about 12 boxes.(600 rnds) that I reserve for my beloved CZ 452.~Muir

With a 22lLR, 222, 223 , 22-250, and a 22WMR it was agreed that a22 Hornet was conspicuous by its absence. Another HW 60J in 22Hornet is on order........Damn you Muir:D

With a 22lLR, 222, 223 , 22-250, and a 22WMR it was agreed that a22 Hornet was conspicuous by its absence. Another HW 60J in 22Hornet is on order........Damn you Muir:D

Only trying to help.....~Muir

(PS: This may give you a hint why housewives all over the globe have dis-invited me to dinner on a permanent basis.)

(PS: This may give you a hint why housewives all over the globe have dis-invited me to dinner on a permanent basis.)

You know you are always welcome :D. I would take a WMR over an HMR anytime.

John

Only trying to help.....~Muir (PS: This may give you a hint why housewives all over the globe have dis-invited me to dinner on a permanent basis.)
Lol im disinvited at my mates for taking him ferreting! I don't mind I can't stand quorn anyway :)

You know you are always welcome :D. I would take a WMR over an HMR anytime. John

You're too kind and that Missus of yours is a true gem. Other ladies seem to take it hard when some stranger introduces their man to activities that draw him away from the fold and drains the bank account. It's reliably reported that there is one good woman in Australia that says she'd shoot me on sight for starting her husband on reloading and bullet casting.

22WMR vs 17HMR. You'd be the one to know. You had enough experience at long range with the both of them.~Muir

Muir

mi casa Zu casa and I'd if you wet a line all the better. Shot my 22-25o fit the first time. In love......so easy to shoot would make a blind man see. It is now my calibre of choice fir fox

Back