Thread: Fallow with Sikamalc

Fallow with Sikamalc

03.00 get up load up and push off to Malcs place
    finally arrive, after a longer journey then expected and getting lost didn't help
    out on the rather nice ground in search of the elusive Fallow (although we had seen a small group jump across the road in front of us.)
    after a good walk around with no sign of Deer Malc led us into a wood, towards a rutting stand, still nothing. On the way out of the wood though, Malc spotted a pricket mooching around, a quick set up, confirmation it was a pricket and BANG! one deer down.
    back to the Bothy and tea, with a wholesome breakfast cooked by mine host, then a day of banter and tea waiting for the afternoon outing.
    18.00 back out into the now constant rain, and a trip up into a well covered high seat to see what was coming out to play, sadly nothing showed its head and the rain just got heavier, by 20.00 even my S&B scope was struggling ,so time to call it a day.
    Back to the Bothy to pick up the carcass, and take advantage of Malcs set up to skin the beast (with the weather there was no way I was going to be hanging anything outside!) followed by a horrendous drive home through heavy traffic and heavier rain, with accidents on the M25 and miles of queues on the M3 it took not far off 3 hours to do an 11/2 hour journey
    once home the carcass was straight onto a prepared table and the dismantling began (hanging time? Pah! )
    02.00 Bed ahhhhhhhhh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_00000687 (Small).jpg   IMG_00000692 (Small).jpg   IMG_00000691 (Small).jpg   IMG_00000690 (Small).jpg   IMG_00000688 (Small).jpg  

"Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Well done Kenny, cracking ground isn't it?

Weather was shocking yesterday evening, not much showed where I was either.