Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new property and gun safe query

new property and gun safe query

Hi all been asked a question today about the possibility of owning a rifle while living in a 'park home' well couldn't help the guy as didn't know the legals on fixing the cabinet and security.
    Does anyone know if it's possible please

What's a park home?

link to government advice document.
    Last edited by palmer_mike; 14-09-2013 at 14:07.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    What's a park home?
    Guess ya could call them large kinda caravan/sectional home but not designed to move..

Interesting. Afaik usually the feo is satisfied as long as the cabinet is out of sight of casual visitors to the property and it is fixed to the structure of the building.

Might be worth a call to the local feo to see what he prefers (if you think he's likely to be a reasonable sort).

You could mount the cabinet horizontally and fix through the floor to the steel chassis of the "static mobile home" or as we call the, shed.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Our cousins over the water call Park home dwellers, Trailer Trash.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The full version of the firearms security handbook contains advice on people living in caravans and such structures.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Thanks to the helpful replies guys much obliged next time I see him ill tell him to Google firearms security handbook or have a word with his local flo

my mate had to bolt his through the floor on to the chassis otherwise was ok hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Our cousins over the water call Park home dwellers, Trailer Trash.
    Good job this person lives in the UK... Imagine being tarred with that brush with out good cause..