Successful FLO Visit

GarethW

Well the FLO for my area visited this morning, ticked all the boxes and said my FAC should be with me soon.

She has granted me a .243 and 6.5x55 so Im quite happy we did have to compromise on the amount of Ammunition I initially requested with the proviso I give it a year then if needs be apply for a variation.

Now comes the hard part of finding a 6.5x55 rifle, none of my local dealers have any in stock (new or used). One of them informed me that most new guns are heading stateside and very few are coming to the UK.

Congrats...you've been lucky. I'm surprised that you got a .243 and a 6.5x55 first off.

Well done.

Give Tom Young a call at Continental Shooting Supplies Blackstone Farm, Dalry, Ayrshire. KA24 5HN Tel: 01294-833 297, Fax: 01294-833 312

He has a .243 Sako75 on sale stock for £600 s/h but in excellent nick. Absolute steal at that price.

I was looking at his sales list, ideally I would like a 6.5x55 but seem few and far between. I was thinking of taking a drive over there this week and shoot a few clays at the same time.

Just looked on Guntrader, there are 24 at present mostly new but a few 2nd hand.
ATB
Paul

6.5 55

hi gareth i am sure mcclouds of tain have some 6.5 55 in stock try there website
atb
tom

I think I have found what I am looking for, just waiting on the dealer to phone back with a "package" price.

Failing that one a day trip to Maclouds will be on the cards once the weather up there calms down a bit.

Cheers

Gareth

Back