If I was to start reloading .222 would tolls/equipment would I need?

cadex, from what you wrote I think we must have been seperated at birth!

I've now gone as far as turning a spare bedroom into a gun room / man cave which my wife now calls the "knobhead room" and load for 222, 223, 25-06, 30-06, 303, 7mm STW and am helping a mate work up his first load for 22-250 (he bought the dies but uses my kit)

I bough a large portion of my kit second hand from here or AirgunBBS. I have one of those Aldi ultrasonic cleaners that cost £17.50 and use it with citric acid crystals I bought from an Asian supermarket (it beats the hell out of using a primer pocket cleaner and a neck brush).

If you do take the first steps into reloading get as much reading done as you can and if possible go and watch someone who knows what they are doing making sure you ask any questions you think of even if they sound stupid in your own head.

Rick

Ha, yes same here, I have a dedicated reloading / gun room in my attic . . .Its great, up I go turn on the surround sound and the heater and close the attic hatch. . . .my Mrs often comments that she suspects I have a loft whore up there !!! :lol: Wish it was true !!!

Last edited:
Thanks again Brithunter.

Paul'o' -that is what I was thinking but I will end up using the .222 for foxing and probably those cheeky crows that sit there thinking they are safely out of range so I would reckon on around 150-300 shots a year.
Going to have a chat with bewsher when he shows me the ropes and see from there i think.
Many thanks for all the replies chaps

Perdix, I am about to sell my .222 so the calibre specific reloading kit will be surplus to requirements. I will have a sort out tomorrow and see what is available and what it's worth.

Back