Game fair or toys r' us

paul o'

So what did you think of the midland just got home left at 3:30 am and arrived at 7 am ,jobs worth say you can't come in yet ! so i informed him of his future and gave the girl my entry fee all in coins and best foot forward? i had a egg bun and tea next to team wild stand £4 for a bun no butter and £2 for a tea !! then had a quick look at the placement of the stands i wish to visit and collect my orders of powder and other bits. then it started to rain ! the big house caf'e was the next port of call better and cheaper tea. rain stopped stalls open dash round collect my stuff more powder h4895 for me and for one of the other lads who needed to have some then ahhhh shop staff had just sold half my order! so from stall to stall i go thank god for mike at brock and norris, a call made re powder, changes made got a tub of another brand , dash to basc to pick up more stuff for others try'ed to find anti tick stall !! sorry feller next time. up down gunmakers no zeiss stall so not cap !! told they bailed out due to the tossers who only go to steal stuff ? got back to motor on way home by 10:30 am.
how was you day's

So what did you think of the midland just got home left at 3:30 am and arrived at 7 am ,jobs worth say you can't come in yet ! so i informed him of his future and gave the girl my entry fee all in coins and best foot forward? i had a egg bun and tea next to team wild stand £4 for a bun no butter and £2 for a tea !! then had a quick look at the placement of the stands i wish to visit and collect my orders of powder and other bits. then it started to rain ! the big house caf'e was the next port of call better and cheaper tea. rain stopped stalls open dash round collect my stuff more powder h4895 for me and for one of the other lads who needed to have some then ahhhh shop staff had just sold half my order! so from stall to stall i go thank god for mike at brock and norris, a call made re powder, changes made got a tub of another brand , dash to basc to pick up more stuff for others try'ed to find anti tick stall !! sorry feller next time. up down gunmakers no zeiss stall so not cap !! told they bailed out due to the tossers who only go to steal stuff ? got back to motor on way home by 10:30 am.
how was you day's

Hi Paul
sounds like a manic day. A bit like mine will tell you Wednesday. Thanks for picking up the powder for us. typical they sold the first lot :evil:. See you Wednesday mate

Me and the Mrs went for the day felt a bit out of place as we wasn't dressed from head to toe in Real Tree :rofl:I think some of the prices were a bit steep so I'm glad we left kids at home as would of needed a bank loan! Think this will be the last time for us.

I think he got a rocket from the owner as i put a lot of dosh his way over the years and he was ****ed at him big time he also sold the big tin of that lube you use so i had to have a small one :doh:its also for one of the other lads on the site
see you wed's
atb
​paul
Hi Paul
sounds like a manic day. A bit like mine will tell you Wednesday. Thanks for picking up the powder for us. typical they sold the first lot :evil:. See you Wednesday mate

Last edited:
unless your interested in the ring displays or are going to meet up with friends I think these events are on a sharp decline due to increasing gate charges, no deals on goods and extortionate prices on food. Better deals on the NET without the hassle :(

unless your interested in the ring displays or are going to meet up with friends I think these events are on a sharp decline due to increasing gate charges, no deals on goods and extortionate prices on food. Better deals on the NET without the hassle :(

+1 Expensive waste of time nowadays. Do not bother with the fairs anymore.

Not a bad day, other than the travelling crowd starting to scrap close to the family by the fishing demo it was ok. I reckon though its probably the last for us, it's getting smaller with more non related stalls and nearly £40 for us both to get in I will be surprised if we end up there next year. All the shows other than Kelso seem to be the same even the local woodfest has gone the same way, the midland has been our last definite show but not anymore I reckon.

I think he got a rocket from the owner as i put a lot of dosh his way over the years and he was ****ed at him big time he also sold the big tin of that lube you use so i had to have a small one :doh:its also for one of the other lads on the site
see you wed's
atb
​paul

Careful how you tell every one about the tin of lube mate people might jump to the wrong idea.

if you think the midland is in decline maybe you should come to one of the fairs in n.ireland then you would have something to complain about

I am 63 and my sister is 72 so it was a shame that for 18 quid each entry (seniors) they cannot organise a shuttle bus to get back to the parking area as I was loaded down with all the crap I had bought it was quite a struggle (10kg of no 7 shot in a bottle etc).
Travellers all over on Saturday and the dog walkers blocking the way and the stalls being too close together made getting around less than fun.
I reckon its my last too.
martin

+1 Expensive waste of time nowadays. Do not bother with the fairs anymore.

+1 not been to a fair now in the past 4 years. (except SDfair at Kelso) will go to that again next year. The others have just got too expensive.
Wingy

Not been to one in years seeing as most of them are arts and crafts based these days !! I still make the odd working terrier show as its nice to see the dogs but I wouldn't waste my money on a game fair again

I took my family good job I got a cheap family ticket off basc £30 what a load of rubbish every store sold the same stuff all the same price no bargins to be had all came back with like it or lump it attitude they wanted new prices for used shot guns only one stand sold crow calls and don't start me off with dog walkers and rip off food prices every drink seamed to be £2 and £4.50 for a bap with two tiny bits of burnt bacon they should of just had one big stall and the event ring

will pass next year over a hundred pounds in fuel and less or more toys and cooking pots ,brass oversized lions and garden pent house's pink boots and silly cooking shows :doh:.

:rofl:
Careful how you tell every one about the tin of lube mate people might jump to the wrong idea.

Last edited:
I really hate to admit it but I must agree with most of the comments made so far! I have been a staunch supporter of the Midland game fair but I think this will be the last one for quite some time for me, think I will stick to the Stalkers fair and the Shooting Show next year.

Not been to any shows this year, they arent what they used to be compared to a few years ago, most of them now cater for the townies and not the country folk at all, they are made up of the tat stalls mainly with the odd stall selling country clothing, and equipment, which is over priced compared to what you can get it from a shop for.

As for the price of these shows now, the normal country folk cant afford to visit these shows on rural wages, it mainly townie/city folk that attend them now, apart from the country folk selling or advertising there wears, or assisting an organisation.

Thats just my opinion thou.

Must agree with you all, been going there for years seems like the special show prices are specially high probably due to the cost of the stalls
could'nt even get any bullet tips for my 7mm and as for Brass forget it
its certainly a pricey walk round nowadays

Not been to any shows this year, they arent what they used to be compared to a few years ago, most of them now cater for the townies and not the country folk at all, they are made up of the tat stalls mainly with the odd stall selling country clothing, and equipment, which is over priced compared to what you can get it from a shop for.

Pretty much the same feeling here - I see no point in spending twenty quid to take a walk up my local high street, for stuff I can buy at half the price online.

Back