Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 06

6.5 06

My rifle is still at proofhouse, am well fed up now, not sure what the hold up is, I sent some sized cases, heads and reloading data, they must he able to seat the bullets somehow if they haven't 6.5 06 seater die

You could seat the bullets with a seater from a 270 just nead to be carefull . Just not crimping them . And if they wanted to crimp them they "should" be able to crimp with a 260 REM or 6.5x55 die . One just needs to use their brain and a little bit of a Rube Goldberg effect .

Actually if you set the 260 or 6.5x55 seating die high enough to do the crimp hypothetically you should be able to seat the bullet with that die as well I would think !

I just made dummy 8mm-06 and 338-06 using an 8x57 die to open 30-06 brass to accept the 8mm bullet and used a 338 Win Mag die to open the 06 brass to 338 . Used the 8x57 die to seat the bullet in the 8mm-06 case and seated the 338 bullet in that case using the 06 dies although that wasn't the way one would want to do it on a regular basis . But the dummy rounds looked okay !
    GO Manny Pacquiao !!!
    Doubles , 6.5mm' s , 444 Marlin's , cast bullets , Sika Deer and the Philippines

No need to sell me on the 6.5-06 !

Ever since I sold the Mauser actioned one I had I've wanted another !

I am also getting a good bit intrested in the 8mm-06 .

Am thinking a pair of Ruger #1B's would look great chambered for the pair or a pair of older Remington 700 LA's !

And quite possibly a Blaser K-95 with two barrels . I would think that K-95 with those two barrels would work lovely for anything I would ever wanna do on the continent or the UK !
    And the only reason for the 8mm-06 would be wild piggies and moose in the Scandinavian countries .
    GO Manny Pacquiao !!!
    Doubles , 6.5mm' s , 444 Marlin's , cast bullets , Sika Deer and the Philippines

Patience is a verture apparently, gone past that

I did hear that one way of getting a speedy return is to supply a few rounds of ammo, factory or handloaded. This gives them the option of just oiling a case and firing one of those, rather than making up a proof round specifically. The range of proof cartridges currently held in stock is probably quite limited now, judging by the number that have been sold off over the years.

This calibre is hand loaded only to my knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    This calibre is hand loaded only to my knowledge
    Actually the company A-Square legitimized it and the 338-06 . So I think atleast A-Square was loading factory for the cartridge .
    GO Manny Pacquiao !!!

Trouble is the proof house seems to be a law unto itself. My .280 AI ended up stuck there for ages as well.

I couldn't wait any longer, I rang proofhouse, my rifle is stamped and ready for collecting by my gun smith

i get a servant cert from a pal and make an appointment and take it and wait i also only give them an action and barrel saves on damage!