Thread: New member

My name is Tom. I have been shooting rifles for the last 6 years. I started with a friend, who took me out on his farm with a .22 looking for rabbits. Next, I started shooting practical rifle at WMS in Wales and clay pigeon shooting with my uni shooting club. I recently progressed to some hunting in South Africa, mainly Impala but also warthog, courtesy of another good friend!

I just (yesterday!) completed my DSC-1 qualification, with a view to doing some deerstalking in the UK. Also, I would like to get out after foxes in the near future. I currently do not hold an FAC, as it has not been necessary for me to hold one in order to go shooting with my friends. I am, however, intending to apply soon.

I have joined this forum as I would like to meet people who are selling stalking and varminting opportunities in my local(ish) area. Additionally, I have some land I have permission to shoot over, and this area may soon be expanding, enabling me to take on a wider variety of species (currently, it's rabbits with an air rifle), hence, I'm looking to build up my skills with experienced shooters.

I look forward to meeting some of you in the future hopefully!

Welcome to the SD

Good intro, welcome aboard, plenty of decent folk on here who will help you out.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses