Third Eye Tactical moderator.

My personal experience in comparison to T8 and PES T12 was although light it was very loud and made very little difference on muzzle flip, it was returned for a full refund a day or two after testing and then the delight if having to do a one for one variation to get the PES I should have bought in the first place.
No doubt it's a beautiful display of engineering but there are quieter mods on the market.

Value for money, excellent performance, superb quality, superb service and British designed and built. Gets my vote EVERY time.

its well made and a nice package but there are quieter mods. My S5 is quieter although im not sure it makes any practical difference.

got one on my 243 quite light well made & stripable not as quiet as my pes i must say but good customer service & the ability to change thread so you can use on another rifle. if i was looking to buy another mod tho i would seriously look at the hardy gen 4... bought one a few months ago lighter than the third eye, quieter & has a built in muzzle brake! quality bit of kit!

More than happy with my T.E.T. Mine has the built in muzzle brake and stainless inserts in the alluminium baffles to prevent gas cutting but keep the weight down. Some mods are quieter, some are smaller and some are lighter, but i think the T.E.T. as a package does everything rather well.

Yorkie.

Hi Mindy,
my mate has one and whenever he is the other side of the wood stalking and we meet up later I have to ask him if he has shot anything as I never hear his reports.
I am an A-Tec Maxim man myself but if I was considering another I would probably go for one of them.

I have a third eye mod . I am really happy with it . I would reccomened one of these mods to any1 great piece of kit for the money :) J2R

I have had a pes , mk1 Dm8o , mk2 Dm80 which i still use and a ASE SL5 in 25cal on my 6.5x55 its the quietess I have had and a SD member had been using it on his .270 before I bought it off him .It does not matter how loud your mod is .Its the dispersal of the sound and what is around you .I shoot woods for fallow with a cliff face and high banks no matter where you shoot in those woods the sound bounces off these and the other deer run . while shooting on the clearfell's I will shoot one roe and the others stand around looking they dont know where the shot has come from then you get your second. But if my back is to some trees they know where the sound has come from and there gone. So IMHO get the lightest because whats 1 or 4 db's between mod's .Have the deer got a machine to test them.

All answers on a postcard to countryfile. Lol

Pendle

Last edited:
Started with T8's and part-exchanged a couple of those for JetZ's when they went and have now got these on my .243 and 300WM..... impressed with them.

But now I've got a Onelesscharlie stainless, non=strippable on the new Sako A1 .20Practical and I'm so pleased with the quietness and the quality that I've got another on my Tikka 595 .17Rem...... my tinnitus tells me more about the quality of the mod than anything else but I agree with Pendle's comment on what's immediately in your vicinity having an effect on your quarry's companions when you take the shot.

Just a shame that when my other T8's finally give out the part-ex is too good to turn down but I don't have a problem with that.

They're both calibre specific for the best efficiency, a bit smaller and lighter than JetZ's too.

Well impressed! Cheaper than Jetz's, British made and Colin will basically build you whatever you ask for..... within reason! :rofl:

Home - ONELESSCHARLIE Custom sound moderators
SP Filling Systems Ltd Sound moderators

's me

Fizz
:cool:

I have a TET mod on my 22-250 and although it is well made and does an OK job I will never have another.

I couldn't strip it after firing about 100 rounds and still can't now, it is totally seized inside and even after soaking in water overnight it still wont budge.

Even worse than that is the fact that it is just not as quiet as it should be, it is on an approximate Mark 1 ear-hole par with my Hardy mod but is nearly double the weight.

I am big fan of the DM80 mods, I have had 3 now and all have been good, they are not the dearest either.

I have a TET mod on my 22-250 and although it is well made and does an OK job I will never have another.

I couldn't strip it after firing about 100 rounds and still can't now, it is totally seized inside and even after soaking in water overnight it still wont budge.

Even worse than that is the fact that it is just not as quiet as it should be, it is on an approximate Mark 1 ear-hole par with my Hardy mod but is nearly double the weight.

I am big fan of the DM80 mods, I have had 3 now and all have been good, they are not the dearest either.

The trouble with DM80 is getting them to communicate with you. So far I have been trying to order a DM80 for the last 3 months. Email and phone calls a dismal failure..... Any suggestions, perhaps smoke signals, morse code or carrier pigeon??

I have one and they are a great peice of kit, the company provides outstanding service

they are well worth the money

not the quietest but your ears don't suffer at all.
I'd much rather take the third eye stalking due to its weight and size. They're really well made and the new ones have an internal muzzle brake.

Back