Thread: Hello from the South Lake District

Hello from the South Lake District

Hello, my name is John, 25 year old and work as a butcher in the South Lakes area. I have been deer stalking for the last 12 months or so, I started out with an air rifle then got into beating and shooting pheasants/ducks etc and have held my shotgun license for few years. I have stalked around a dozen or so times with a couple of professional stalkers shooting Roe bucks and Red stags and have booked in for dates Red hind culling and a fallow buck stalk as well. I'm defiantly not a trophy hunter but I do like the look of a well prepared trophy, I stalk for a hobby and enjoy the meat from what I shoot. I am currently in the process of gaining my FAC for a 308 rifle after target shooting and stalking with a range of rifles that is the one I settled on as I shot best groups over a range of targets and felt comfortable with it, also it offers a range of bullet weights and styles to suit Stalking and fox shooting and a shot at wild boar should the opportunity arise. I have already got my scope in anticipation of gaining my licence, Swarovski Z4i 3-12x50 with the 4A-300i reticle, Im sure I will learn alot from the more experienced folks on here and will try to search out the answers.
    VBW John

Hiya welcome to SD, I was up your way back in march and I've never seen so many reds in one place your very lucky bazil

Welcome from another Cumbrian.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome from a former South Lakes resident ! Great stalking / people in that part of the world !

Hi John and welcome great site here....

Im milnthorpe roughly bet your not to far and sure we may stalk same place for fallow and no same stalker.

Its defiantly a very nice part of the world and lots of deer around these parts. Weeman I'm just around the corner at Arnside, I'd guess we many know a stalker or to in common as well.

Pm sent...

Welcome indeed from another S Lakes resident!