Flight pond has grown

Cyres

Update on my last post, well after 25mm of rain last Friday our flight pond has doubled in size, now about 20x12 yds still feeding and some ducks, but should improve as all the stubble is ploughed up.

Unfortunately i suspect we have got a very very lamp shy fox who is making regular visits, but if they cut silage again this weekend he may get terminated. Otherwise Paddy is going to show us how well his NV works!!

D

I am feeding the ducks wheat on my flight pond. I have heard barley is better and that teal also like rape. What do you feed your duck?

hi we feed barley as preference but ducks eat most things. we also keep our vegetable waste and put that out too. ducks love it!

Well currently tailings from the grain dryer, best is barley, then wheat, however my ducks do get spoilt as post maize silage if i get a chance I go around and pick up the lost maize cobs dry them out and strip and feed lovely maize.

They cut the grass adjacent to our pond on Friday so 2 foxs met their maker, however our dark v wary one was not one of them, saw him (Brief glimps) hours later. I think earmarked for Paddy demo.

Shot 7 foxs last week, we been averaging 4 a week at least for months, cannot fathom out where they are all coming from, dogs are weighing in at 17 lb and in very good condition.

D

I am feeding the ducks wheat on my flight pond. I have heard barley is better and that teal also like rape. What do you feed your duck?

Ducks will eat most things but barley is preferred, its also best for starting feeding a pond as barley floats making a visual attractant, wheat will sink to the bottom OK once the ducks are coming on a regular basis.

Potatoes dump them in the edge of the pond,need to let the frost get to them stink a bit but the ducks love them once they are soft and squishy.

Flight pond has now shrunk even more, getting close to a couple of inches of water over mud but some mallard using it.

D

Didn't miss anything on Friday night 2 shots 2 stone dead take note!!

Anyway if the forecast is correct pond might have grown by tonight.

D

Back