leather holder for eka swingblade

Distinguished Member
hi guys im after a leather sheif/holder for my eka swingblade the type that fits in your belt.

where best to get one ????

ATB

Dave

There used to be a member called ash243 on here who made them....................................he disappeared. He`s been making one for me for 18 months!

Think Dave Stretton does one mate . Been waiting for a green kydex sheath for mine from a member off here for a year!
​Atb Steve

Attachments

• IMG_1234_resize.JPG
    IMG_1234_resize.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1235_resize.JPG
    IMG_1235_resize.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1236_resize.JPG
    IMG_1236_resize.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1237_resize.JPG
    IMG_1237_resize.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1238_resize.JPG
    IMG_1238_resize.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 13
The Brisa sheath for the Enzo trapper 95 fits pretty well, when the tripe blade is out. The knife blade is too wide to fit.

Good quality and a tight snug fit. Use it with the dangler loop, or not.

https://www.brisa.fi/portal/index.php?option=com_oscommerce&osMod=index&cPath=276_69

Or http://www.english-handmade-knives.co.uk/acatalog/Sheaths.html

Here is mine, in the 1558L left handed version.

£14.00​

That's a good sheath, especially for that price. They are machine stitched, making them more likely to fail than hand stitched but they hit their price point well above what you'd expect.

That's a good sheath, especially for that price. They are machine stitched, making them more likely to fail than hand stitched but they hit their price point well above what you'd expect.

The stitching is indeed the weak point. Otherwise the materials are quite good.

I inject each stitchhole with superglue which locks up the stitching. Then apply tent seam-sealant to the exposed threads to hopefully make them more durable.

TBH the swingblade is a convenient knife which is efficient and good value, but I now have better ones with less clumsy blades. The tripe blade is still the best, and makes it well worthwhile carrying as my backup. I think they have since redesigned the swingblade with a more suitable main blade, but I've not yet seen one.

I got the sheath in a kit with an Enzo Elver D2 flat grind blade, which I hope will do most of my small deer work rather better, once I complete it.

Back