Artificial roe skull

dac9976

Hi

Has anyone ever used a resin roe skull? I've really cocked up a cut on a nice head using a cheap saw.....never again.

They use them a lot abroad, cost you about £60 for a Roe, they look ok. Easier than boiling them out.

how bad can it be? LOL

you can always recut it with a very narrow skull cap and mount with a brass screw through the skull plate..a lot of older mounts done that way and it looks pretty good..a bit 'retro', but so what.

This subject has come up before and I think Jager sport was mentioned as having some.
I'm sure if you search the site it will come up.

can you not just stick the antlers on a different (real) skull from a cull buck?

Had to do this myself after one of mine fell off the wall and smashed the nose. Matching the pedicle thickness is the biggest issue however I got one pretty close and ran a wee bead of grab adhesive that I had kicking about the garage (cheap stuff from screxfix), along the joint and its virtually invisible.

Last edited:
I sort of agree with PKL, how bad can it be ? that you can't true it up, short nose or even skull top, have seen one that was mounted on an artificial skull and was not impressed, though that may have been more to do with the person who mounted it,as someone else said getting pedicle size to match would be the biggest problem I imagine.

Its bad lol trust me:). I'll try one and see how it looks, it's not a medal head but I do like to mount all that I've taken.

Back