Want to change my renewal but unsure

chris .222

I've had my renewal back about a month now
I got a 22-250 on it which I have bought now and a 6.5 x 55 as I thought I could share a rifle with a friend but this cannot be done and there aren't any for sale on here
my question is should I email my fao to change the 6.5 x 55 for a .270 or a .308 as there are more of them about for sale I'm sure the ground I shoot on will be suitable for either I also am looking at joining a rifle club and would like to boar shooting in the uk next year

I would keep looking. If you find a good 6.5x55 you like for the money you want to spend then you pays your money and you pick it up. If you find a 270 or 308, then agree to buy it with the seller and apply for a one for one variation. 6.5x55 is a good choice of calibre and most deer won't know the difference between being hit with a 6.5, 270 or 308 bullet.

Apparently you can't only if you are father and son or married
ring TVP firearms dept directly, rather than your FEO, you may be able to talk it through with them, they may be worrying about the security of the rifle/s

I shared a rifle with my stepdad, we do not live together. We just had the same rifle on our fac's. Have a word with your feo.

Apparently you can't only if you are father and son or married

Nonsense.

I share a .222 with a friend, and I know of at least one other rifle shared between unrelated, unmarried, non-cohabiting friends.

It only gets complicated if you want to share a rifle and already have one in that calibre.

not true many of the estates I work on the rifles are often shared by keepers etc you can as long as you have a slot for the calibre enter the details of any rifle wither owned by you or another party

Back