Golden Eagle Vs Sika

wonder if it was a trained one I have seen them on wolves on the you tube

Last edited:
The comments section below is, as ever, comedy gold!! :D

​I'm particularly into the one suggesting 'the photographers' should be reported to PETA and the RSPCA for not intervening. Must be a troll. Surely...

The comments section below is, as ever, comedy gold!! :D

​I'm particularly into the one suggesting 'the photographers' should be reported to PETA and the RSPCA for not intervening. Must be a troll. Surely...
I'm torn between that one and the talonted one :) in all seriousness I think the moronic PETA and RSPCA comment was all to real :/

A lack of more easily obtained food would certainly cause a golden eagle to have a go I should think.

There's the usual numpties commenting on there of course. I believe half of them think that normally animals live forever, or die peacefully in an old animals home. And of course there's the usual skewing and sensationalising by the Daily Fail.

Up here, the red deer are real scared of eagles, I've seen a face full of hinds and calves cleared when the mother came over with that years chicks, in october. Same place, in october, came on a real knackered calf in a burn up to it's chest, we shot it and it was full of punture wounds behind the shoulders, from talons. My cousin has sea eagles nesting on his ground and he says they're hammering the calves.

I too, just like howy308 wonder if it might be a tame/trained working eagle! I can't remember where I read about it, it might well have been in one of Brian Plummer's books many years ago that the arabs used to train birds of prey to work with salukis to hunt deer, as I recall it was called "Chirp Kawking"!

Back