Lost or stolen fac

no, but I'm guessing you have, and you're worried telling your FLO in case he deems you negligent! LOL..

say it accidentally went in the washing machine, and pray it doesn't turn up in the hands of criminals!...or, even better, call the FLO and be honest ;)

no, but I'm guessing you have, and you're worried telling your FLO in case he deems you negligent! LOL..

say it accidentally went in the washing machine, and pray it doesn't turn up in the hands of criminals!...or, even better, call the FLO and be honest ;)

not exactly PKL So i'm not worried Just curious,,,

not exactly PKL So i'm not worried Just curious,,,

what i was most interested in is the amount of information on your FAC should it come into the wrong hands
ie your address presumably this is where they are stored
Your DOB,, etc etc should this information be on the front of Our FAC'S?
would it not be sufficient with your FAC no and Photo id the rest can be stored with the Fire arms department maybe?

what do you think

I lost a wallet containing firearms cert and shotgun cert notified Northumbria police who sent a new one out never heard anything else then whilst moving house found the lost one and destroyed it
​it's no good to criminals with your photo on

I lost a wallet containing firearms cert and shotgun cert notified Northumbria police who sent a new one out never heard anything else then whilst moving house found the lost one and destroyed it
​it's no good to criminals with your photo on

did you have an idea where you might have lost them?

Like I have said found the lost one in the garage behind the freezer must have put it on the freezer then lifted the lid and it went down the back hunted everywhere for it before I informed the feo

Tom i hear what you say but the sad reallity is that they know wher your weapons are stored
and even if they may not be able to steal them they can cause alot of damage trying ,
don't you think that the address on your FAC is not needed,?

Viking understand where your coming from but when your buying rifles they enter your name address and number into the book from a security point of few it would be better not on the cert

I do think there's a case for having better certificates. Perhaps something like a driver's licence, just a card with your picture on with essential information, and a paper bit that you can take along to buy stuff.

But say it quietly, it sounds like a good excuse to hike the price even more to me.

Mine got lost during a renewal, got a phone call from the firearms dept two weeks before my FAC was due to run out asking if I was renewing. They had got my referees parts but had not received mine, it had been sent and received. Recorded delivery is wonderful. Had to go through the whole process again and put all my rifles and shotguns into storage. A month later I got my new FAC, just after that I got a letter saying they had found my old original FAC filed away in the wrong place, no apology or offer to pay for the storage of my guns.

Al

I do think there's a case for having better certificates. Perhaps something like a driver's licence, just a card with your picture on with essential information, and a paper bit that you can take along to buy stuff.

But say it quietly, it sounds like a good excuse to hike the price even more to me.

i think this could be an important point to discuss for security of vital information that is put on our FAC's.

Viking

i once lost my cert , told the issuing force , got a replacement one and was told if it happens again , they would deem me as unsuitable to hold firearms ! so much for being honest , found it months later when least expected .

I lost mine while out stalking got a new one and nothing about it. I don't take mine out with me any more leaving it in the house in a safe place unless i am going for ammo or stalking away from home.

I'd just got through reporting the loss of my Firearms certificate to a very sympathetic listener @ Cheshire, just before cutting the phone connection ,..... I spotted something odd down the heater / demister vent in the truck, pulse quickening I hoisted out my cert just in time to tell the lady that further action was not needed!:banghead::coat:

I am always losing things and my fac is no exception, I've lost and had to get a replacement three times now. I lost it twice in one year, I contacted Northumbria police each time phone and then sent a letter with a cheque for a replacement. I was never warned about losing too many certs. I have now stopped taking them with me shooting.

Id be surprised if the criminal fraternity haven't figured out how to print a copy of a fac out, no checks are ever made when you buy a gun as to the authenticity of your fac it could be totally fake but you could still walk out with whatever gun you wanted !

yes in post informed the office told them and they sent out a replacement cert with the same number ! they were not as bothered as i was :eek: the cert turned up 2nd post in a window envelope so every bugger could see what it was i would also add that i now collect my certs if at all possible .

ps forgot to add i have a photocopy and a picture on my phone the real one is in a safe place ,the safe being the place i leave it:tiphat:

Last edited:
Id be surprised if the criminal fraternity haven't figured out how to print a copy of a fac out, no checks are ever made when you buy a gun as to the authenticity of your fac it could be totally fake but you could still walk out with whatever gun you wanted !
Especially since the new certs don't have a proper photo on them like they used to they just print the picture on.

Back