BDS North West Range Day 6th October 2013

Ronin

Distinguished Member
BDS North West are holding another zeroing / practice range session at their range at Over Kellet near Carnforth on the 6th October 2013

Start is 10:00

Cost ; £5.00

Directions :

Grid Ref : SD 52991 68714

Directions as follows:

From J35 M6 (north or south) follow signs from slip road for B6254 Kirby Lonsdale to junction with B6254.

Turn left towards Kirby Lonsdale on B6254.

Continue to Over Kellet village and pass through, entering into national speed limit.

Continue on B6254 for approximately 1/2 mile, once in the national speed limit to a right hand junction (turn right) onto Swarthdale Rd and continue to the t-junction.

Turn right and the range is 800yds on the right – enter into field and continue through three fields to range area.

Access can be made with non 4WD vehicles, however in the event of rain / muddy conditions, access will be restricted to 4WD only.

Requirements:

FAC, Deer Legal Rifle / ammunition

All welcome
icon_biggrin.gif

Reminder

this weekend guys.

All welcome.

There will be a "training" range available for those who may need some one to one to build confidence.

Not meaning to be daft, but is there the opportunity to zero a rifle from scratch or is it some kind of competition?

Do we need to bring our own targets etc or are they provided?

Cheers

Yes you can start from scratch and targets are provided great team down there from the BDS

There will be a few few lanes for practice on DSC type targets and some we used at a recent interbranch shoot , which will replicate a wounded deer with follow up

All will be clear when people attend.
\
You can just zero - targets are provided

You can come un zeroed and you'll be helped to get set upo and zeroed.

Should take just three shots for zero...

You dont have to participate in the branch DSC event

Your choice what targetry u engage.

Providing a nominal fee is paid of course :D

Or you can Commision Redmist to boresight your set up,
save you a fortune in ammo, he had my new sako within 2" and no horizontal adjustment needed!!!

A very enjoyable morning today with a good range of targets/ranges, good to catch up with everyone as always.

Many thanks to Colin, Ian and Geoff for giving up their time to run the range.

Nick

Indeed the hole it was leaving was bigger than the grouse's head! I should have said: 'I thought an Apache's cannon was a 30mm chain gun' but it was too droll! :lol:

Made my little 17 seem inadequate!! I have been told before that size isn't everything!!

a great day out, thanks guys!!

It was a good day. I enjoyed meeting one or two people from here. Now, note to self: Remember to bring my moderator next time. It makes sense if the rifle is zeroed WITH a moderator.It takes all the guesswork out. :rolleyes:

On a positive note, I had fun learning all about ballistics, trajectories etc... :rofl:

I thought you did rather well to compensate without the mod!

Colin keeps coming up with challenges to our shooting that highlight the importance of the basic principles of marksmanship. Great training! Thanks for the comments folks.

Back