Chest Saw

this drives me nuts!
and all in the interest of the game dealer and contamination!
​he won't be best pleased when he has to trim 1/2" of contaminated muscle fibre ends and tidy up a screwed up haunch split!

that said I prefer the haunch not to be flapping around against a sawn pubic bone before the hanging/butchering, especially when dragging

you can take the whole lot out the ass anyway, especially stags/bucks

We don't deal in game, as you know. It's all ours once it's on the ground so there is no one to owe up to except yourself. I, for one, value every ounce of meat I can get from a deer so I am very careful when I field dress my game. It's my food supply for the coming year and I take my time and am as careful as possible. I do cut the pelvis but I lose very little meat in the process. I've never had an issue with the haunch hitting 'sawn pubic bone'. Here, we get them to the shed, hung and skinned ASAP. We let the meat cool over night and butcher and pack the cold meat the next day. I had a couple of steaks from last season's whitetails for dinner this evening. Superb. Far better than beef to my tastes.~Muir

Thanks for the answers. I've been away and just caught up. The I'll look for something that is a pull saw.

Back