Arran again.

crouch valley

Off to the Isle Arran again next week on the stags and cant wait due to glowing reports Iv'e heard about the first week. A nice royal was taken today possibly a silver medal :stag: that certainly makes it a cheap week when you come away with something like that. Let's hope my luck is in and the weather gods are kind. Any one else going up next week?

Going over to the isle of Rona for 5 days stalking 2 Moro so looking forward to that. I hope the weather cools a bit to kick start the rut.

Thanks CV it should be enjoyable regardless, Rona is small in comparison with Arran but looks excellent stalking ground with heavy beasts 20 + stone! extraction should be interesting.

Just had an update from a friend who was on Arran this week some very nice stags shot he got a very nice 14 pointer plus a ten pointer

I think he said cloud base, another chap got another big stag which went from a 14 to 13 due to over zealous extraction ! I bet he wasn't happy he was gonna get it stuffed.

Arran up date. The stags are roaring well but the temperature is crazy high 16 degrees today but that's not stopped us. Within a hour and a half of leaving the range we called in a nice ten pointer and grassed that. After recovery we moved to another part of the beat there was stag number two roaring away called back and within twenty mins he was walking towards us I dropped him at 150 meters.Not sure if anything else is down. Will keep you up dated and pics to follow soon. One happy Arran stalker lets hope the others are doing well and my luck stays in. Here is one picture the other will I will put on later. We are on beat D.
Dan

Attachments

• Arran ten point stag.jpg
    Arran ten point stag.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
any pictures guys I fancy going on this ,just need to find someone to tag on with, would be good to read some stories, good luck, wayne

Day two they say a picture says a thousand words. I will let the picture do the talking. Another Ten and a fifteen pointer today.

Attachments

• Arran ten pointer.jpg
    Arran ten pointer.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Arran fifteen pointer.jpg
    Arran fifteen pointer.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 152
Back