Thread: Ovuplant in dogs

Ovuplant in dogs

Anyone ever used Ovuplant on their bitch to make her come into season ? I've got a cocker I would like to breed from but I've never seen her in heat. Been told by a cat breeder the you can use the above product on dogs. Just wondered if anyone has experience.
    ​thanks Steve

Unless you have a vet stocking the product already it would be very expensive. There are other injection protocols that can be used.

The only one I have direct experience of is the use of a drug called Receptal. Contact your vet - the drug company will provide them with a protocol.

Used it twice in similar circumstances and 100% success rate.

All these products are prescription only and not licensed for use in dogs. Speak to your vet.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Used Receptal on cows didn't realise you could use it on dogs. Did you use it for non cycling bitches or silent heats? I think my dog does come into heat but I am not seeing it. I've seen her spotting once a couple of years ago when she was too young but not since. She couldn't get more excitable than she is everyday. I have asked my vets. Their response is " get a male dog you'll soon see" Not very helpful when you want to breed her to a top notch FTCh. TB testing in the morning so will have time to chat without being billed. I'll ask about Receptal and Ovuplant.
    ​Thanks Steve