Gore-Tex boots bargain

Erik Hamburger

For those who are not prepared to pay hundreds of pounds for good boots (just because they are from 'certain' Brands that WILL make you think you WILL shoot more deer when you wear them ;) this site has some great bargains, for example Used Grade 1 Gore-Tex lined Pro-boots £30; NEW Extreme Cold Weather Gore-Tex boots £60. Many other bargains of clothing and equipment, a lot of it useful for hunting/stalking, to be found on this site.

You have to march in them for 6 weeks 20 hours a day to break them in and make them comfy

Bath of water for a couple of days.
Plenty of dubbin to keep the leather soft.
THEN tab out in them for a couple of miles a day for a week and you should be good to go.

If not, bin them and buy Meindls!!

bash the granny out of them over a scaffold pole with a hammer then buy a pair of 5:11's and meindls for winter my feet got f***** back in the day with dms (dems my shoes) i'v still got welts on my toes from 70's poxy things :eek:

For those who are not prepared to pay hundreds of pounds for good boots (just because they are from 'certain' Brands that WILL make you think you WILL shoot more deer when you wear them ;) this site has some great bargains, for example Used Grade 1 Gore-Tex lined Pro-boots £30; NEW Extreme Cold Weather Gore-Tex boots £60. Many other bargains of clothing and equipment, a lot of it useful for hunting/stalking, to be found on this site.

Im pretty sore on boots and they never seem to last me very long, so when I saw
these I thought I would take a gamble on a pair. I bought a pair of the
extreme cold weather boots for sixty knicker...

I have wore them a couple of times now and they are undoubtedly completely
waterproof and breathable ..They have a lot of support and are very similar to
my Altbergs, who apparently were contracted to make these boots for some
military units...are they made by Altberg? I don't know for sure but they are VERY
similar.

Of course I can't comment on how well they will last, but the leather is good
quality, and very thick, the sole Vibram.

Compared with the £300.00 I paid for my Berghaus boots and gaiters, on the
face of it these seem to be a gift for the price.

My first impression is a boot perfect as a winter staking / shooting boot .. fantastic
value for money so far.

Last edited:
Bath of water for a couple of days.
Plenty of dubbin to keep the leather soft.
THEN tab out in them for a couple of miles a day for a week and you should be good to go.

If not, bin them and buy Meindls!!

I. Fartucus, have you actually looked at the site ;) - the bargain I flagged up includes Meindl boots at £35 for 'used Grade 1' condition.

I. Fartucus, have you actually looked at the site ;) - the bargain I flagged up includes Meindl boots at £35 for 'used Grade 1' condition.

Hi Erik

Saw those, but being "Desert Fox" boots, they're not going to be the most waterproof kit I'd own!!

In my comment, I was talking from experience of wearing in boots, and was making that point that if you cant be *rsed, then buy Meindl... However, I'd buy something with ...tex in the title, as this is sunny UK, not downtown Dustbowl :D

Cheers
iain
PS Not meaning to go too far off piste, but did your scotch ever arrive for "Letter of the Month"

I bought a pair of these http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr407.html. Admittedly they were used, but overall excellent condition and no breaking in required. Waterproof, warm and comfortable. Down side? They are black and so have a military look. Bad if you care. Absolute bargain if you dont and the deer dont really care TBH. Not sure I would bother with £300 branded boots.

Yeah the last pair I bought four years ago was then £20 and despite being in 'used condition' they lasted me for four years. Now they are starting to get a bit noisy and I am saving up to try to get enouph money together to buy a replacement pair.

Btw, the 'used condition' sniper rifles from this site are also excellent! ;)

These are without a doubt the toughest hardest wearing boots made anywhere, yes they take a while to break in but you will not look back feet are always dry, I never polish them the leather has yet to crack and they are comfortable with great grip with the toughest vibram sole on any boot, I to be honest have worn other vibram soled boots and the soles wore out in no time but these are different 5 stars from me.

Back