Bipod to purchase any thoughts ?

Olaf

Hi, I'm after a decent bipod, its only for range work as I use my trusty old stalking sticks or a high seat for the rest of the time.
A friend was telling me that he'd seen a really nice set that were very similar to the Atlas bipods, Chinese and very cheap, but extremely well made. Has anyone seen anything like this ? Equally, does anyone have any suggestions ? I'm not that keen on spending much more than £60.

Kind regards, Olaf

+1
by one of the cheap copys and you will soon be looking again

Ok chaps, thanks, I know your right, as my grandmother used to say; "I'm too poor to buy cheap things" !
I think I'll just get a Harris and be done with it. The atlas looks good but I don't think its worth it for what I'll use it for. Just a shame that there isn't one going secondhand somewhere.

Kind regards, Olaf

I got a sniper systems 9-16 inch with tilt function off eBay for sub £50 brand new. Just like an old Harris I had, very good quality and good price too.

Get yourself a proper Harris bipod 9-13 swivel don't buy a fixed model it will only make shots awkward on uneven ground !!
Buy a cheap copy and you will probably regret it. there is some real rubbish on the market since the Harris patent ran out
ATB... Dave

As it is only for a bit of range work. Get what ever you like. Those atlas copys are not bad for a bit of range burning. I have one on my 22wmr for the bunnys. It also fits on the T3 243 foxing/roe rig.

Mine cost £8.99 +£5 p&p.

For the ocational user they are fine. Put more money into it of course it is up too you!

The copy I have is going perfect since about 8 years hard use. My harris broke in half at the first shot.
The replacement is going strong since about 4-5 years.
Overall Harris is maybe the safer way to go as some copies are great others are lousy and one takes a risk.
edi

old type money bag full of small pea shingle and a zip-tie works well on the range or a mod sand bag is better

I bought 2 identical Harris lookalikes from 2 different companies, both about half the price of a Harris. Both had good bits and both had bad bits. I took them both to pieces and reassembled all the good bits from the 2 into one good one - as good as my mates genuine Harris. I then reassembled all the bad bits from both into one not-so-good one, and sold it to a chap who wanted a cheap one for use on an air rifle.

Back