Thread: Mannlicher Zephr

Mannlicher Zephr

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of this 22LR? It is one I would consider for the collection.

Hello Pinkfoot. I tried to buy a Steyr Zephyr a few months ago from the sealed bids section at one of the Holt's auctions. A beautiful rifle, excellent build quality and handling, I would have loved to win it. But in the end it went for about 600 and I'd bid a shade under that. Do you know of one for sale?

Pine Marten,

I believe there is (or was) one for sale in Cambs at Fenland Sports (hope I have the name right).
    No rear sight and 900 IIRC - believe I saw it on Gun Star

Hope that helps

The one in the auction had no rear sight either. It could be the same one! They're quite rare.

I had one a few years ago. It was a lovely little rifle. rather wish I had kept it, but it was a stutzen and I couldn't fit a moderator. The scope rails are I think the same as the CZ hornet ie 16mm?

I have had one with double set trigger I kept it for a few month then sold it I was not that impressed at all with it .

regards chris

Don't lose the magazine as they are nigh on impossible to find.

As for Fenland Rural sports their prices are in dream land. The rifles are often mis- described as well. I recall a visit with a friend whom was selling his fathers percussion pistol collection and frankly his offerings for them were insulting. Whilst they talked I wandered around and found a BSA Monarch listed as a "BSA Five Star". The vendor was not interested in hearing that is was a Monarch. he also have a BSA Model E which he called something else .

We quickly decided it was a place best avoided and in fact it had been wasted fuel to get there.

Thanks for that warning Brithunter. I had already decided the 900 was wishful thinking on their behalf. If it was the same rifle that Pinehunter refers to is shows a lack of commercial understanding by the current vendor who would appear to have said, 'Bung 50% on the cost and that's our profit' I think not! Yet another example apparently of someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

There's another one for sale in the Holt's sealed bid section for 100-150! If you're still in the market for one, that's a bargain!