Had a call from my local Wolf man..........

re'M'ington

Phone went this afternoon and it was a friend of mine that has a small zoo,he had a Roe Doe running round his place with a hanging leg and would I pop up and sort her out for him,well although i had the headache from hell itself I made my way over.He had cornered her and got her to go into one of his paddocks,so I got ready and went in to have a look for her,as it was although it was a small paddock it was a bit overgrown and she was definitely in hiding,but I eventually found her couched down behind a thistle right up against the fence and as she got up it was very evident that she was in distress so I dropped her as soon as she stood still.On inspection she had obviously been hit by a vehicle as her foot was absolutely smashed and it had been like it for maybe 3 weeks or more...................
IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

She had also been rolled as she had a large bruise on her back and was very badly flyblown and she had her own swarm in residence.Anyway the Wolves won't worry about a few flies and that is where she was now headed.......eat up boys.

Horrific. Amazes me the will to live that wild animals possess. I dare say if the weather turned cooler and the flies died off she may have pulled through, or was she too far gone? No doubt a lot of leg injuries go through that stage before it sloughs off. A good job done though to put her out if her misery at the first opportunity.

Does your friend feed much in the way of venison to his stock? Perfect fodder for them!

Novice

Well done the pain she must have been in .Top marks to you for dispatching her quickly
DJC

Amazes me the will to live that wild animals possess.

Guess we are animals too: one of my grandfather's soldiers in WWII made it 9 miles back through Japanese lines having had the bottom half of his leg blown off - Incredible endurance. I know a few people who would struggle to jog/tab 9 miles.

Horrific. Amazes me the will to live that wild animals possess. I dare say if the weather turned cooler and the flies died off she may have pulled through, or was she too far gone? No doubt a lot of leg injuries go through that stage before it sloughs off. A good job done though to put her out if her misery at the first opportunity.

Does your friend feed much in the way of venison to his stock? Perfect fodder for them!

Novice

I do think she was best out of it Novice as by the next morning she would of been alive with maggots on her back and she had lost a good amount of body weight.The Wolves get all of my waste too and they are thriving on it.

Martin

Guess we are animals too: one of my grandfather's soldiers in WWII made it 9 miles back through Japanese lines having had the bottom half of his leg blown off - Incredible endurance. I know a few people who would struggle to jog/tab 9 miles.

Aint that the truth !

Back