Duracoat

welshwarrior

Ok I'm a bit of a traditionalist and like walnut stocks and blued metal. But I'm thinking of having a play with this modern coat milarky so what colour black should I look at going on my .22 first.

Matt black seems obvious but will it lack character
HK semi gloss well how semi is semi
Blued doesn't quite look right in photos
pakerisation could be a nice satin colour but is it a bit grey.

I need SD advice here (won't be a DIY job)

I've used Dave at Valkyrie Rifles several times, and cannot recommend his work and customer service enough.

As for the particular black you want, again it's personal. I've had my 6mm/284 done in HK semi gloss black (Barrel, picatinny rail) and my Sako Quad walnut stock done in what Dave calls "Flat as witches tit" tactical matt black, which I personally prefer.
James at Jaeger also comes highly recommended.
Steve

Last edited:
Have a look at the 'gun metal' type colour, its a silvery grey. I had Jager SA do my .30-'06 in it and it looks very good (Ceracote rather than Duracote though). If you send me your mobile number I will text you a photo. Glyn

+1 for ceracote harder wearing that duracote if it were my choice James is your man.

+1 for ceracote harder wearing that duracote if it were my choice James is your man.

+1 to jäger SA - just subjected mine to several days of serious weather without a clean - stock removed and plenty of water... Not a spot of rust though! :)

Back