6.5x55 reloading

6mmAI

I have just reloaded some 95 grain v-max in my 6.5x55, and took it down the field today and was very happy with the results...
I shot a 4 shot group 0.781" at 130 yards. ( I was very happy as it was my first batch of reloaded ammo...)

just need to get out of a night time now and give them a pop at a charlie....

just as a matter of interest, what powder etc did you use? I settled on 50.3 grains of n160 with the bullet out as far as I dare with lap brass and cci200 primer getting 2980fps

I have just reloaded some 95 grain v-max in my 6.5x55, and took it down the field today and was very happy with the results...
I shot a 4 shot group 0.781" at 130 yards. ( I was very happy as it was my first batch of reloaded ammo...)QUOTE]

Surprised myself with the same bullet:
SFTT1_zps10b7ac92.jpg

K

just as a matter of interest, what powder etc did you use? I settled on 50.3 grains of n160 with the bullet out as far as I dare with lap brass and cci200 primer getting 2980fps

i used h414 46.5 grains with the bullet seated square. ( so 6.5mm in ) federal brass, cci br2 primer, and crimped fairly tight, ( dont have a crono so cat tell you how fast it goes... but i shot a fox last night and it didnt take long to get there... and it was in two bits.... if they are to be used on deer i will have to rember to only nut em........

Back