Thread: Lee Loader and lube?

Lee Loader and lube?

I've just started reloading with a classic loader and saw reference to lube on another post. There is no mention of it in the instructions or the U-tube videos but does any one use it when resizing with one? I work in batches rather than doing one complete round at a time so it would be quite possible to use it. When I resize a very faint ring does appear towards the base of the case but I can't feel anything. Is there any reason not to try it? I do have some one who knows what he is doing (well he says he does! ) showing me the ropes but he's never come across a classic loader before.
    Any thoughts?

Well I can only comment from what I've seen and that is that no one seems to use lube with them and I haven't either and it seems ok so far!

I've just acquired one in 22-250 off here but haven't had time to play with it yet (just for laughs)...

I used to use either moly grease or proper sizing lubricant for my 357 model that I used back in the early 1980s as a was pitiful!

you don't use lube with the Lee Loader, its not needed, it only neck sizes and theres no stiction that a good belt with a lump of wood won't shift
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

as above.
    ​no need
    lube will screw up your charging if you are pouring powder into the die instead of block/funnel

Nr Newport (shrops)
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    as above.
    ​no need
    lube will screw up your charging if you are pouring powder into the die instead of block/funnel
    +1 as i found out

You don't need lube. I would use it for sizing straight walled pistol cases because those are a b*#ch to do in the Lee Loader. I loaded 44 magnum for almost a year with a Lee Loader: Lube helps, but adds steps.~Muir

Thanks for all the replies. That keeps things simple. I couldn't get on with charging in the die so made myself a block and a funnel from a cut down lamb feeder.
    "a good belt with a block of wood" Now there is a reloading term I can identify with