Thread: New Zealand Alpine hunting, swap hunt.

New Zealand Alpine hunting, swap hunt.

I am off to England and Europe next August for a couple of months to predominately hunt Roe. Two animals I would dearly like to hunt are Mouflon and Chamois. I have cut my teeth on Chamois and Tahr in New Zealand, and spend as much time as I can in the mountains here. I am very keen to do a swap hunt for these animals as I have had a fantastic time swap hunting my way around the world so far with some very good people. I have plenty of photos and videos I can share (many have been posted here) if anyone is interested especially if they are keen to arrange something.

Thank you,

​James Morris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1070567.JPG   P1070377.JPG   P1070240.JPG   DSC_0318.JPG   DSC_0285.JPG  

DSC_0134.JPG   P1030454.jpg   A young buck in the Rakaia-as he should look at ~3 years old..jpg   stag party1.jpg   tahr.jpg  

Last edited by Roaringstag; 09-10-2013 at 01:03.

So, are you looking for roe stalking or are you after mouflon/chamois hunts?

Hi Buckaroo,
    I have a few contacts already to hunt Roe, but they are by far my favorite animal to hunt in your part of the world so I would be interested in talking with you some more about what you would like to swap. Please send me a PM.

I have a couple of PM's to reply to, thank you for them, I will get back to you this evening.

James Morris

As per previous communications, we will sort something out even if i don't make it down to you one day.
    Deer stalking and fly fishing opportunities in Devon

Thank you all for the personal messages. I am really looking forward to heading over next year and meeting a few of you! Sorry I have been so slack at replies lately, I have found it hard to get online whilst the silly spring season takes off on the farm! I will be in touch this evening. Thanks.

This is a wee video I put together of a few favorite snippets from 2013.

The clip 30 or so seconds in has to be the ultimate definition of a piggy back :

Quote Originally Posted by Stingercargill View Post
    The clip 30 or so seconds in has to be the ultimate definition of a piggy back :
    Yeah, that just about broke me! The boys didn't think I could carry, challenge on!