Deer management vehicle!

Essentially the springer is just a Tomcar (). I was concerned about it having only two wheel drive but thus far its not proved a problem. You can see from the vid that it is quite capable off road. Its early on in my ownership so its difficult to be completely convinced.

Although they look great I'd sooner have a MuleIMG_1340.jpgIMG_1341.jpgIMG_1342.jpg

A mate of mine has just modded his with a folding High Seat on the back, simply drive it into the edge of the wood and fold down seat!

Im so impressed with the overall utility of the vehicle that I am going to sell my 60 Plate 550 Grizzly and buy one!

Nick

I have a diesel Kawasaki 3010 as well and am hoping to get rid of it soon. It has served me well but has not been trouble free. Lack of main dealers is a problem and parts are expensive.

I have a diesel Kawasaki 3010 as well and am hoping to get rid of it soon. It has served me well but has not been trouble free. Lack of main dealers is a problem and parts are expensive.

MMM, what have been the problems so I know what to look for? The Grizzly has been great, not done a lot of work, but 100 reliable. The one in the photos was used on a shoot for 3 seasons and never missed a beat, but he did spend £1200 on it when he bought it to get it all up together, it is a 2005 model. The I am looking at is a 2009 / 10 Agri registered with windscreen and wiper, oh what luxury!

​Nick

Mainly fuel. I didn't have a bowser so was filling from drums. This must have meant the quality was degraded in some way but it caused huge problems. Have had to have the tank cleaned out twice. The fuel filter is about £65 and it would have cost a fortune had I not found a cheap alternative. I broke the straps that hold the tailgate on (putting a round bail on it) and they cost £60. When it goes its is brilliant but it came to be unreliable and bearing in mind it is a Kawasaki engine they have you by the short and curlies. To be fair I have not been careful with it.

£12k for a beach buggy?!?!?
who the hell buys these things at that price??

Nobody. But bear in mind the MOD paid £7 million for them and a spares and support package they must have something. They are effectively the tomcar tm5 and they cost about $28,000 in the states.

Back