Stag Outing I,l Never Forget

I had the pleasure of having Griffer here to stalk Red stags this week for two days
First day no shots fired , on the second day i had a funeral but returned to do the Pm stalk with Kriss
We set off the the highest hills on the estate ground where stags were being seen and spotted a big ten pointer right at the top of
the bowl with 6 or 7 hinds , my first words to the big fella were "we wont get near him " Kriss,s reply " lets give it a go"
Off we went following a small stream that runs top to bottom , 1400m to go , we were out of sight in some places and full view
in others but had cover of the water movement and noise , an hour and half later i said to Kriss do the last wee bit by yourself
and get set up when your happy and close enough.
Another 20 minutes Kriss was good to go , first shot perfect heart shot , the big old stag staggered about before falling over
It was starting to get dark by now so no pics taken at the time but the animal was gralloched and left on the hill overnight to
be collected nxt day
ONE OF THE BEST OUTINGS IVE EVER WITNESSED AND WITH A GREAT LAD
Hopefully big Kriss will add a few pics

Colin

Fantastic stuff :thumb:

Sounds very much like the same group that Harvey and I saw when we were out with Ian last week?

Would the bowl you mention be off to the left of the left-hand side of this photo?

If it is the same bowl, was the stag up by that area of scree at the top of the burn?
If it was, that really must have been a stalk and a half as there's zero cover there :tiphat:

Dom

As always mate a pleasure to be out with you he certainly made us sweat that fellow I love it up there can't wait for hinds

As always mate a pleasure to be out with you he certainly made us sweat that fellow I love it up there can't wait for hinds

Well done to both, I'll be doing my write up on Sunday about my experience this week with Colin.

Hope your ankle is better if you slogged up there for an hour and a half!

Definitely on the list next year Colin!

Colin, well done to you both, I see it's not raining again!! I need to pay more attention to weather forecasts:doh:.

Cheers
Pete

Dominic , yea thats the face with the scree down the middle, get Harvey to the gym ready for next year :D
Andy , the ankles better mate but ive got a hernia now probably caused by dragging stags
Martin you should get a lift to the gym with Harvey ha ha
Pete , il see you for the hinds (in the rain )
​Good pics to come guys ,, two nice stags today

Dominic , yea thats the face with the scree down the middle, get Harvey to the gym ready for next year :D
Andy , the ankles better mate but ive got a hernia now probably caused by dragging stags
Martin you should get a lift to the gym with Harvey ha ha
Pete , il see you for the hinds (in the rain )
​Good pics to come guys ,, two nice stags today

Harvey's already in training - he thoroughly enjoyed our day out being guided by Ian and we couldn't stop talking about it during the 5 hour trip South :thumb:

Dom

hi had a look at the bowl from the wood at the side an excellent stalk to get a goodbeast well done to the 2of yous me and Ian had agood morning but drew a blank lovely ground and good company
​ Atb Tom

Tom , il give you a shout for boar next month , i hoped to see you after you finished yesterday , i had a stag to retrieve
off a clearfell , wil be in touch
​Cheers

Back