Thanks for getting back with a reply. A few questions for you if you don't mind:
1. Do you know how old the rifle is?
2. Have you had the rifle from new?
3. Does the rifle load and eject nice and smoothly?
4. Is the woodwork in good condition and free from scratches and dings?
5. Is the metalwork and bluing in good condition, are there any known faults?
Your profile says you are in West Wales, can you tell me whereabouts please as I live near Aberystwyth and would like to come and have a look at the rifle if that is OK.
Can you send your phone number so that I could have a chat and arrange a visit.
Many thanks, Steve
If you are able to get down to Haverfordwest I can sign you into the club and you can inspect and fire the Marlin to see what You think. I think that would be the best option.
I will PM you my phone number Alun