GRS Stocks

Action Inlets

Curious to know if anyone has tried one?

It was seeing they do an action inlet for a Blaser R93 which tweaked my interest.

​willie_gunn

Willie...........there is nothing you can do to get away from being a blaser user, even putting it in something as nice as these stocks ;), it will NOT detract anyones eye away :( its still a blaser after all.

Right joking apart,

there is a couple of people on here use the stock mentioned i think alan sir-slots-a-lot has one and i can recall someone else having one. they do look the business,

bob.

Hey Willie

Had mine for a while now - and love it. The finish is exceptional and my Tikka dropped straight in with no need for any alteration. it may depend on the model, but the pistol grip has a slight cant on it, which is fine when you get used to it and a better shooting position. The adjustment on the cheekpiece and the LoP are a godsend and easy to move - when you want it to. I don't think it has materially added to the weight of the rifle either.

HTH

Hey Willie

Had mine for a while now - and love it. The finish is exceptional and my Tikka dropped straight in with no need for any alteration. it may depend on the model, but the pistol grip has a slight cant on it, which is fine when you get used to it and a better shooting position. The adjustment on the cheek piece and the LoP are a godsend and easy to move - when you want it to. I don't think it has materially added to the weight of the rifle either.

HTH

Morning EtR

I knew someone else had one,

bob.

.... but the pistol grip has a slight cant on it,..

I've handled one but not shot it. I find the slight cant a bit odd, especially when I shoot a variety of rifles without cant. I wouldn't have a stock that a leftie guest couldn't shoot comfortably.

Regards

​JCS

Having sourced Eric the Red's GRS stock for him and checked the fit of his Tikka 595 into the GRS inletting, I'm very taken with the design and the quality of the engineering, so I've just ordered one for my Tikka 695.

Now I'm going to take the plunge and have my barrelled action, scope, mounts and moderator Cerakoted in olive green to match the Mountain Camo stock.

Adam.

Having sourced Eric the Red's GRS stock for him and checked the fit of his Tikka 595 into the GRS inletting, I'm very taken with the design and the quality of the engineering, so I've just ordered one for my Tikka 695.

Now I'm going to take the plunge and have my barrelled action, scope, mounts and moderator Cerakoted in olive green to match the Mountain Camo stock.

Adam.

Adam

Many thanks for the info. What sort of price do the stocks come in at?

​willie_gunn

Kkc also do an inlet for an r93 on their laminate stocks. If the blaser stock wasnt ergonomically perfect it might be worth a look.

ex member of the r93 fan club!

Morning EtR

I knew someone else had one,

bob.

You forgot me Bob - I also have a GRS on my 20 Tac. I am at present awaiting delivery of another GRS stock to go on my R93. so you can guess what I think of them

Ive used Joe West stocks on numerous builds, the quality and after service is excellent.

GRS are well finished and comfortable.

JWRS are british.....

​I know who id choose first

don't Bling it!!! Fling it !!! :eek: LOL
but yes very nice with the riser fitted and can be a tad heavy, but they do make a lighter type that are better for lugging around and chap on here,he is called Gary (sorry forgot user id ) if he reads this he could inform you better as he has a few fitted to his rifles :thumb: only thing iam not keen on is the silver buttons.

Last edited:
Not wanting to hijack the thread but what's the difference between GRS and these guys http://joewestriflestocks.com/news.php

The GRS stocks are similar in design to the JWRS ones. If you compare similar specs the GRS are about £100 cheaper.

The GRS stocks are finished and the action drops in. The JWRS can need some work to make them fit, plus you need to sand them down and finish them with oil or varnish or whatever.

Cheers,

Bob

Last edited:
Ive used Joe West stocks on numerous builds, the quality and after service is excellent.

GRS are well finished and comfortable.

JWRS are british.....

​I know who id choose first

Redmist,

All well being British but what else of the rifle or ammunition or scopes or mounts are British ?

Stan

Just a point to note we need to update our website as we have reduced alot of our stock option costs and if you talk to us, our prices are much better. As for a completely british rifle try a John Carr or DCR action, Dcr also do very good triggers, Border barrels and various stockmakers including us and you can have an all british rifle that will compete with anything the rest of the world has to offer.
By the way TET do mounts and moderators as do others. We are short of a bullet manufacturer but I know people are looking at this. Talk to the british riflesmiths and manufacturers if we are not making what you want let us know, support us, this will help us grow into a bigger better industry which means you the client and the british shooter can aquire more of what you want made in britain and locally.

Just a point to note we need to update our website as we have reduced alot of our stock option costs and if you talk to us, our prices are much better. As for a completely british rifle try a John Carr or DCR action, Dcr also do very good triggers, Border barrels and various stockmakers including us and you can have an all british rifle that will compete with anything the rest of the world has to offer.
By the way TET do mounts and moderators as do others. We are short of a bullet manufacturer but I know people are looking at this. Talk to the british riflesmiths and manufacturers if we are not making what you want let us know, support us, this will help us grow into a bigger better industry which means you the client and the british shooter can aquire more of what you want made in britain and locally.

And cheaper than the established imports?

After all, that's what matters to the most of the members on here, according to the Great British rip off contributors.

Why be ripped off by Brits than by established non Brit brands.

Stan

STan

I buy British as often as I can

I buy butchers meat not supermarket and support wherever I can british brands, be that shoes, clothes, parts or cars.

Third eye tactical mounts, rings and moderators

Border Barrels

joe west stocks

Ultimately not me decision as its whatever the end user wants, but if I believe a UK product is better for the application, i'll recomend it.

Thats why I use a Accuracy International - money where my mouth is...

Back