Where can you get .303 barrels from?

Druid

I am fearful that the no4 may need a new un. Anyone found a new barrel recently?

Might try Norman Clark as he bought a lot of the P-H stuff at the close out auction. Also Armalon has the P-H barrel plant so they can make a new one for you I would think.

Also Fred the Armourer at Bisley had a load (NRA) but that was over a decade ago I spoke to him about them now.

Fultons Of Bisley would be my choice if keeping it as is /as was.

I would have said that at one time however after seeing how they bodged the fitting of a firing pin and nut to my Swedish Mauser nd nut:mad: I would not recommend them. This was a repair after over pressure factory PMC ammunition broke the pin. The ammunition importer was eventually paying the repair bill and as the incident happened on the Running Deer range with Mr Glaistor as a witness I followed his advice and took the rifle straight to Fultons to deal with. That was a BIG mistake.

Last edited:
Fultons Of Bisley would be my choice if keeping it as is /as was.

Same...they used to carry such stuff and rebarrelled a SMLE for me for about £125 but it was in the 1990s...

Fultons are not the same as they once were, sadly

There have been quite a few horror stories lately & I know of more than one person sold a gun that should never have left their premises

I'd give Norman Clark the job, as has already been suggested

Fultons are not the same as they once were

Not convince they ever were but they may a fair job of my No1 and a PH M85 rebarrel job but they were just screw off - screw on jobs.

Last time in there (couple of months) back they seemed to be more devoid of humour than usual but then again that could be any shop in GB these days: you'd think that you owed them something.

Norman Clark's ok if pricey: he did my M1917 30-06 a treat but it was a Kreiger...

Try Terry Abrams of Dunmow Essex. Put him up on Google and the address etc. is there. Terry does a lot of work for the trade, particularly in military stuff. Well worth a phone call.

Back