Nightmaster 800 degree light

ive got 2 of them they are excellent i use one for spotting and one on top of the rifle, it has transformed lamping and makes solo lamping a doddle

I have one with IR for use with an NV spotter, it's very powerful and requires to be on the lowest setting and carefully angled so as not to white out the picture.
I wasn't massively impressed with the white LED, but the green is exceptional, and a few on here have said how good the red is.
The build quality IMO whilst good is not,to me, quite that of say Fenix, but still very sturdy.
I'd say buy the kit with the mount and the charger. I made the mistake of buying the fancy adjustable mount, which whilst it is neccessary on the spotter for the reasons I've mentioned above, it is a wee bit bulky, and the quick mount that comes in the kit is adequate for mounting on a scope.

ive got 2 of them they are excellent i use one for spotting and one on top of the rifle, it has transformed lamping and makes solo lamping a doddle

Night master X-Searcher on top of scope, NM 800 for spotting, was converted to them by griffshrek, as above excellent bit of kit. Think the days of big batteries are numbered.

Great bit of kit I have an IR turbo kit and a red led in a spare neck section. So far I have only used the red led and think its magic. On the first 2 outings I shot 7 foxes and it didn't seem to spook anything. I also bought a couple of the rings with weaver rails on top of them and a fully adjustable mount. It's a bit fiddly but once set up you can take it off and fit it again and it points in the right place, I can even swap it between my 222 and 25-06 without having to adjust it.

Rick

got the ir for the photon also just got the green bulb and body both of the are very good and work well

Has anyone any views on the nightmaster 800 dereelight good or bad,
I am thinking on buying a red filtered one for fox control.

It is not actually a red filter, it is a red LED, and that is exactly the selling point. With a red filter in front of white light you loose a lot of the power, this torch doesn't suffer from that issue.
I have seen the NM800 Red in action recently and was well impressed - having to wear glasses and with some colour blindness issues I struggle to see with a traditional white lamp but this seemed to work for me - I wear Zeiss prescription shooting glasses with yellow tinted lenses for low light conditions (Better definition) and this worked very well with the red LED NM800.

What sort of distance can you shoot out to with these?? Seems a better option than a lamp if the performance is the same

What sort of distance can you shoot out to with these?? Seems a better option than a lamp if the performance is the same

With the Xsearcher and a red pill, I know that I can shoot at least 50yds further than I would with a LF170 with red filter. Same with the green pill. The light is more precise (smaller beam pattern when focussed etc) - but they are very good in any configuration - period. BTW, in absolute terms, I'm talking about distances above 250yds, with 300 being my capability limit. I have a professional gamekeeper friend who has shot towards 400 under this lamp.

the nm800 is ok but the xsercher can ad another 100yards of usable shooting to meney times a fox has sat just out of rainge of the nm800 so i purchased the xsercher i have white red green ir modules for it it can work and i have shot a few foxes with it but my recomendation is get a n/v spotter spot fox turn on derilight and shoot how it would work walking about scaning with it i dont think you would shoot to meney foxes the problem with derilight is they bring out new modules dont advertise them on there web paige so example this week purchased the green module then find out that they have invented a better module in green which is not advertised on there site which throws a further distance and better performance than the standard module o and they are the same price now that ****es me off so hears the heads up lads get the modules with the brass bodies not the aloy ones so thanks derilight for now i have to purchase another module

I use one with the white led, I spot with a lightforce 170 with Amber filter, and have the nm800 scope mounted, took a fox cleanly at 322 yards Monday night, but, I have found that if the air gets moist, it glares back well :(

Regards
​Pete

I head shot a rabbit at 177 yds the other night using my 222, I had the red led in the nightmaster 800. Later on the same night I could clearly see/ID a fox at just over 250 yds but couldn't take the shot as the only back stop was the M62.

Rick

My mate has one with the red 'pill' as he calls it and it's very good. Uses it on top of his .204 for charlie to great effect,

Stratts

Hi wraith have they made a more powerfull red pill and is it Taclight or Dereelight that has them

It is not actually a red filter, it is a red LED, and that is exactly the selling point. With a red filter in front of white light you loose a lot of the power, this torch doesn't suffer from that issue.
I have seen the NM800 Red in action recently and was well impressed - having to wear glasses and with some colour blindness issues I struggle to see with a traditional white lamp but this seemed to work for me - I wear Zeiss prescription shooting glasses with yellow tinted lenses for low light conditions (Better definition) and this worked very well with the red LED NM800.

I have a friend with a similar problem with colour vision. He uses yellow tinted glasses too but he just bought his for a fiver from Boots and they seem to do the trick. I'm not sure the brand is important.

Back