Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fairweather stalkers

fairweather stalkers

I see all the above are on here , Ive been out with the 22lr in the woods out of the worst of rain

Did you get anything?
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

2 Hours got drenched saw sweet FA

Out at first light, don't think I've ever got so wet in my life! Didn't shoot anything either the optics were too wet to see clearly, nice stag showed but you couldn't see him in the scope at all!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    Did you get anything?

Out this morning to open the rifle range, saw the weather and felt a little cold so I put on my stalking trousers. I entered the kitchen and my GWP saw the trousers and decided that it was a stalking day and that we were going stalking. He wouldn't stop sniffing my trousers , he could still smell the last deer we shot on the trousers despite them being freshly laundered.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Went this evening had a dry spell between very heavy rain managed a munty so a good end to a very damp weekend !

out last evening in the sun, and again this morning before first light and braved the occasional drizzle, stayed warm and dry courtesy of IanF's roofed high seat
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Fair weather....

not round here. Dragged mrs Scotch egg out yesterday. No rifle to hand and dogs in tow. As I went into the woods tracking the does I had seen a sorrel in rut goes head to head with the mrs. Thank god the 10 month old
    jack Russell has the gall to show him off.

The bollocking I got was not pretty considering today is due day for our first born hehehe
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"