Thread: Hytera Walkie talkies?

Hytera Walkie talkies?

I'm after a new set of pmr446 radios for use on shoot days - don't want to spend big bucks, and have seen a set of "Hytera" for sale on costco's website.

Anybody any experience/opinions?

....and I defo don't want a set of binatones....had them before....pile of sh!te.....ended up as inert playthings for the kids at my wife's preschool group after every single one of four packed up.....

Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Not sure these are the type your looking for but our syndicate shoot is very hilly and we have no problems using a combination of these

Doro Radio 2-Way Twinpack with Charger 8 Channel 38 Subcodes 1Hr Talk:Amazon:Electronics

​And these

Doro WT91X/PRO Extended Range 2-Way Radio:Amazon:TV & Home Cinema

the WT87 are small and very good but if I was starting from scratch I would get the WT91X as they are fully waterproof and still small enough not to get in the way when your shooting. Although 1 hour talk time is mentioned I think it must be constant transmission/talk as for a normal shoot day they last fine.

Hope this Helps

Last edited by night stalker; 13-10-2013 at 22:19. Reason: Added a bit

Tried all pmr radios even motorala ones and they were
    all pants. Have a set of 6uhf 5 watt radios and they reach 15mile no probs. no miss communication and think they were 300 quid off flea bay reconded with new batteries and mics