Which off the shelf rifles are the top 3

gixer1

On the back of the Blaser thread - which rifle would you say were the top three for quality and function and also looks to you, not just the rifle you own but if you could pick from the shelf what would you have in order of the best first...

Mine would be -

Sauer (202) Highland
Mauser M03 Stalker
Merkel RX Helix

Regards,

Gixer

Sako 75 - Stainless Action I

Sako 75 - Stainless Action III

Sako 75 - Stainless Action IV

Not very inventive I appreciate, but if it works as well as these, why look elsewhere

If I happened to stumble into a pile of free cash, it would be a Sauer 202 Takedown, a Merkel K96 drilling and an old Mannlicher-Schoenauer, with that last one admittedly not really being off the shelf anymore.

The one that fits you best , feels the nicest and is the one with which you achieve acceptable accuracy

Whether that is a Merkel, or a 60`s Parker Hale, whatever one is the best rifle for you.

if i had the cash to splash out with no bills and a healthy daughter,

1, keep my tikka 590.

2, fully custom built 6mm br on a sako 75 action

3, neskia in 6.5x47

sorry gixer only one is off the shelf i know,

DOH:

Last edited:
1. Dakota
2. Dakota
3. Dakota

Then I'd sell 2 and have a custom K22 HNT built around a colour case-hardened (if possible) BAT repeater action with medium profile fluted match grade barrel, Jewell trigger, Sunny Hills colour case-hardened integral trigger guard & drop-down floorplate; handmade classic lined thumbhole stock from AAAAA grade quilted maple, CONETROL 1" rings & mounts and a fully refurbished vintage scope of manufacture I'll spare you. The latter as I simply like the tube profile and won't be shooting beyond 100 yards.

K

I have them !
Accuracy International for the range
Sauer 202 Stutzen for summer Muntjack
Remington model 7 SS for all other deer in any weather

tikka t3 supervarmint in 243 /7mm rem mag no frills just gets the job done and has done for the last 8years

Back