Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another fantastic swap hunt.... This time for the whisteling Sika stags!

Another fantastic swap hunt.... This time for the whisteling Sika stags!

Hi All!
    As I mentioned before, I was off to Ireland to try my luck on a whisteling Sika stag. Another great swap hunt made possible through the generousity of a member (Glendine) from this forum. So, first of all: Thanks again my friend!

I flew into Dublin, was picked up at the airport and off we were to his home and off again to pick up another friend of us, Derek, coming to join us from Wales by the ferry. Because of the rainy (I mean RAINY) afternoon and the Wicklow mountains hidden in the clouds, we decided not to be out stalking that afternoon.
    We visited the huge Phoenix park with loads of fallow deer in it and the great and very interesting National museum of Ireland.
    So I got my cultural education done quick and was well prepared for the next days....
    A short stop by the local pub and a lovely homemade dinner later (thanks to your lovely wife!) plus some tales, stories and lies later it was time for bed to be ready for the next early morning.

We left at 5:30 and drove for a bit less than an hour up to the Wicklow mountains where we were already expected by a friend of Glendine, Steve, who offered his support and help to join us on the stalk.
    Gear out, backpack ready, guns ready and the stalk began. It was a bit misty, windy but bloody warm....
    I dont want to get you bored, and because of getting ready for my next trip to Finnland, I should shorten this write up:
    We saw a lot of Sika, heard some whisteling and stalked a very fascinating, scenery and countryside!
    Attachment 33498
    Glendine and Steve were experienced stalkers and very keen to bring us on the whisteling ghosts of the forests, and it worked out:
    Attachment 33496Attachment 33497Attachment 33499
    We had a funtastic time, perfect hosts, the best company you may think of and good fun on the stalks. It was another swap hunt to remember and I cant wait to welcome Glendine and Derek here in Germany in a few weeks for joining us on some driven hunts!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

That`s a cracker!

Well done. I unfortunately had to cancel my trip to Wicklow this year.

Well done he's a cracker!

One for the bucket list for sure!

Alba gu brth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

nice beastie ....well done

cracking beastie we our selves are coming over to your homeland this Wednesday
    to hunt boar as guests of a swap hunt
    all started off as contacts of your good friend WD
    looking forward to this and will report on or return
    ​regards pete

Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Well done Wildboar, a magnificent trophy and some beautiful scenery there too!

Waidmannsheil. Nicely done Michael and good write up.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing

Your company whilst you were here was an absolute pleasure.