Interesting pointer

So with almost 2 million guns legally held in the UK this nugget thinks 2 instances in the last year warrants the statement

"Reform of the gun licensing regime is needed and needed now"

Shows what little grasp of reality she has, and if the current guidelines had been followed maybe one or both of the incidents couldve been prevented.

Regards,

Gixer

after reading We also want to shift the onus on to the applicant to prove their suitability.
isn't the onus on us to do this already?:doh:

after reading We also want to shift the onus on to the applicant to prove their suitability.
isn't the onus on us to do this already?:doh:

I bet she means we have to pay for reports various and unspecified over and above what is done already

Vap

"After a decade without a fee rise, it is now time that the license fee reflects the true cost to the police. It is ridiculous that the annual cost of the firearms license is only a third as much as a fishing license"

Lets not mention the cost to the police of the driving licence holders, and the number of people killed by cars, motorcycles and lorries. As and FAC and SGC holder, they know we will pay and conform to the law. They have us over the barrel :(

Do the Labour party actually know how many votes the rural/farming/fieldsports community represent?

Do the Labour party actually know how many votes the rural/farming/fieldsports community represent?

As Tony Blair said, "There are no votes in the countryside (for Labour)."

Labour introduced the Hunting act and issued no licences to cull Badgers from section 10.1 and 2 of the 1992 Badger Act, which brought about the shameful BTb situation.

How many rural Labour MPs are there?
None.

Exactly.... but the people who would vote Labour because of their policies on gun reform would have voted Labour anyway :cuckoo:

They're not going to win any new votes from rural folk

They're not going to win any new votes from rural folk

That's not their concern. The real target demographic for this is centrist, urban middle class voters who switch back and forth between Tory and Labour.

The Tories always struggle with the fact that they want to appear tough on crime, and to the majority of urban voters, that means advocating more gun control, which they've got to be careful about because of the rural vote. Labour struggle with appearing weaker on crime, but don't really have to worry about appealing to rural voters - so it's a cost free way to seem tougher.

We want to enshrine in law a clear principle that those with a history of domestic or sexual violence, substance abuse or serious mental health problems should not be allowed a gun.

State the bloody obvious. Do they not do this already?

I know my posts on this theme get a bit boring....

But - the writing there is clearly on the wall for what the intentions of Labour are. By reforms they are setting a course to turn the nut ever tighter. Facts, research and common sense should never get in the way of a carefully nurtured set of assumptions!

Reporting Scotland has done a fairly good piece this evening. Full marks to whoever arranged the young lady portrayed - a master stroke! History aside, Dr Sneddon came across very well in context. And Mr McMasksilly ( sic ) just droned out the party line - no amount of democracy in action is going to sway him from his crusade.

Everyone has a free and confidential right to vote and I'm not presuming to tell anyone what to think or do, but the power of that little pencil cross rests with those who wield it...

It never ceases to amaze me how truly stupid some of our elected representatives are. "We want to enshrine in law a clear principle that those with a history of domestic or sexual violence, substance abuse or serious mental health problems should not be allowed a gun." Diane Johnson can't refrain from making explicit mention of 'sexual violence', just so that the right-on feminists get on message. 'Domestic violence' also gets a shout out because that is also synonymous with men beating up women. No mention of other forms of violence? I think her PR dweebs have missed a trick as they could have also got in a tag about 'racist' violence.

Very clear that any political party will try and appeal to people in any way possible in order to secure votes.
As members of the law abiding shooting community, we almost have our hands tied as to who we vote for, and it must present real problems for those who do not agree with Conservative philosophy. Not to vote simply isn't an option for a responsible person, and certainly isn't if we value our sport.
On top of this us Scots have now to ponder our independence, all too much for my wee heed !

Back