Thread: Torch for tracking

Torch for tracking

I am looking for a torch that will be used for tracking wounded deer. However, it is quite difficult to find what I want in the UK... I do not want anything big or a lamp for foxing etc.

It should be quite small but powerful, ideally with built-in charger as the one on the photo.

Beware anything with LED's for light source, in my experience they are useless at showing blood.
    If it's wounded and in the dark, it's not a torch you want, it's something with 4 legs and a wet nose

Check out the latest issue of the Bushwear catalogue that came with the latest BASC freebie mag or go on line. they have a blood trail lamp as well as the tablets you mix with water and spray to make the trail glow/shine in the torch light.

in my opinion you can't beat a good head torch, shines where you look and both hands free. I've tried torches and lamps but now i use a head light for everything from walking the dog to searching for ducks when flighting.

Get a GWP, no need to recharge

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    Get a GWP, no need to recharge

They do work better when fueled with heads and feet!

If you want a good little torch try either surefire or Wolf eyes, they are both excellent, I have the wolf eyes and I can't fault it.

Silva 480 lamp plus good dog and a Fenix TK10 as back up.

Try a rubber armoured cordless rechargeable inspection light, such as the type a vehicle mechanic would use.