This makes my Blood boil !!!

Said it before and will be saying it again, until some harsh penalties are dished out there is no way of stopping this crime. People will always pay for cheap venison and while they do, poachers will be happy to supply
Wingy

Well, what a timely report to run in conjunction with my thread. As Wingy said, unless some harsh penalties are dished out it will continue and probably increase! They need to lock a few people up, not just the suppliers, but the receivers! Dish out some serious punishment and publicise it widely! Poachers are just taking the Pi55 and there is currently very little done to stop them.
MS:mad:

Said it before and will be saying it again, until some harsh penalties are dished out there is no way of stopping this crime. People will always pay for cheap venison and while they do, poachers will be happy to supply
Wingy

Well, what a timely report to run in conjunction with my thread. As Wingy said, unless some harsh penalties are dished out it will continue and probably increase! They need to lock a few people up, not just the suppliers, but the receivers! Dish out some serious punishment and publicise it widely! Poachers are just taking the Pi55 and there is currently very little done to stop them.
MS:mad:

Plus one the poachers wreak havoc, giving responsible stalkers a bad name, selling god knows what onto the food chain, not to mention the animal welfare issues with wounded and lost deer shot at night with unsuitable people and firearms makes you sick...

I remember being told by a keeper in the Wicklow mountains " if you see a light it's either poachers or the IRA" and both are likely to shoot you if you **** them off.

tis getting a bit bad alright i know of one fella who sold 170 deer last year not one of them shot in daylight either
the buck stops (forgive the pun) with the game dealers if they will buy deer from anyone at anytime then it'll never be controlled

Back